Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Billy95Tech

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
I don't really use it and i prefer the normal Android home sceens way better than Magazine UX and it is very limited and have no use for it.

I would like to disable the Magazine UX on my Tab Pro 8.4.

And i don't really want to root/custom ROM the Tab Pro 8.4 just to remove Magazine UX.

Does anyone know how to disable Magazine UX on my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4? How to remove Magazine UX?

If i can't disable Magazine UX then it won't be a big deal breaker anyway because it does not slow down my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I don't really use it and i prefer the normal Android home sceens way better than Magazine UX and it is very limited and have no use for it.

And i don't really want to root/custom ROM the Tab Pro 8.4 just to remove Magazine UX.

Does anyone know how to disable Magazine UX on my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4? How to remove Magazine UX?

If i can't disable Magazine UX then it won't be a big deal breaker anyway because it does not slow down my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4.

Everything I've read says it cannot be disabled. Hopefully someone who has one can chime in to confirm.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
It can't be removed if your using Touchwiz. You will always have at least 1 page.

You can however use a different launcher such as Nova or sideload Google Now Launcher and thereby do away with Magazine UX.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012

So what's it like? Any good as a e-reader?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Anyone else? :D

ASWb9.gif

aznguyen316

macrumors 68010
Oct 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
It can't be removed if your using Touchwiz. You will always have at least 1 page.

You can however use a different launcher such as Nova or sideload Google Now Launcher and thereby do away with Magazine UX.

Galaxy S5 also has Magazine UI. I installed Nova and away it went.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Galaxy S5 also has Magazine UI. I installed Nova and away it went.

On the galaxy S5 you can turn it off in home screen settings. You don't need another launcher.

The tab Pro & note pro line have a different version of Touchwiz to the S5.

Likewise my magazine on the S5' is very different in its implementation than Magazine UX on the tablets.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
So what's the verdict on this tablet, I am looking for a 8", I have a iPad Air so don't really want a mini and they a $100 more.
Are they a good ereader, is the screen comparable to a mini, do they lag? Are they better to hold than a mini?
Not available to look at in Australia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.