Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I want to purchase the WDigital EX2, and i want to know how my data will be seen in the OSX environment. From what i ve heard one can't really see a mounted drive on its desktop but a shared folder representing the drive or something? Has anyone got this particular NAS so he can let me know more stuff in detail?

Last edited:

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Not finding a single mac user to use this NAS, it really puts me into thought whether to purchase this NAS or not :confused:

matreya

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
i haven't found anything negative... what exactly are you talking about? plz elaborate :confused:

Specifically, the unit has slow write speeds and the drives get very hot. But if you like it, go buy it, then you can tell everyone here about it :)

Personally, I'm more a fan of direct storage..

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Specifically, the unit has slow write speeds and the drives get very hot. But if you like it, go buy it, then you can tell everyone here about it :)
thanx but to be honest i cant find any such info saying all that, can you pin point me to such issues?

Personally, I'm more a fan of direct storage..
me too but i cannot find any drive bay nice enough design wise to match my iMac that houses FW800ports (thats the fastest i can go to with my mid2010 iMac)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.