Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dapperdee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2014
So I noticed Apple enabled syncing contacts again thru Itunes with their latest update. However I still cant sync my contacts from my phone with my macbook (using the USB cable). I have all my contacts on my phone and want those same contacts on my blank macbook contact list. Can anyone help me do this without iCloud?

richwoodrocket

macrumors 68020
Apr 7, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Nope. Can't be done. Only works one way unless you want to go through and email all your contacts to yourself or use icloud, which is so painless. Why not just use icloud?

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
So I noticed Apple enabled syncing contacts again thru Itunes with their latest update. However I still cant sync my contacts from my phone with my macbook (using the USB cable). I have all my contacts on my phone and want those same contacts on my blank macbook contact list. Can anyone help me do this without iCloud?

Just use an app like this on the phone to email a vcard file to yourself. Then import that vcard file to Contacts on the Macbook.

Then you should be able to sync from the MB to the phone in iTunes.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
You don't need an app to email a contact to yourself. The standard contact app supports it.

I understand that, but the app I linked will export ALL contacts to a single vcard file for one email. Unless the OP wants send an email for every, single contact in the book, vcard export is the way to go. So if you have 70 contacts, you would send 70 emails as opposed to the one with the solution I suggested.

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
Why not use icloud - it's easy!

You don't need an app to email a contact to yourself. The standard contact app supports it.

The reason many of us no longer use icloud is because we read books as well as internet alternative news and we know that NSA is the repository of information we stupidly give not only about ourselves, but our family and friends as well, to Apple, Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Pinterest, on and on. We also don't like it that all this data can be used in malicious ways to create any kind of profile about a person that is desirable.

However, some of us recognize that in the crowd of masses where critical thinking is absent, and the "if you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to hide" types are prevalent, then this post will mean nothing.

Nothing to see hear - move along! Back to the matrix with you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.