Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's WWDC Keynote kicks off tomorrow, and while we've posted about iOS 8 banners and OS X 10.10 banners, there are also covered banners on the upper floors of Moscone that we neglected to point out.

Appleinsider points out the existence of the covered banners, but only were able to get poor quality shots from afar.
In the two levels above, Apple has additional banners, but they're still covered up. While the floors aren't accessible to outsiders (or even registered attendees yet), is has been possible to catch a sneak peak in previous years by trespassing on the top floor of the Fifth and Mission parking garage, which is technically closed.
TheVerge, however, was able to get a peek of one in their WWDC photo gallery.

banners-800x533.jpg
Covered banners aren't unusual at WWDC, and will show technologies and features that are introduced in the Monday keynote address. We already know Apple will be featuring iOS 8 and Mac OS X 10.10 at the show.

Apple is offering a live video stream of the Keynote on Monday. We'll have live text and photo updates here on MacRumors, as well as live Twitter updates at MacRumorsLive.

Article Link: Covered Banners on Upper Floors of Moscone at WWDC 2014

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Interesting that they're still covered up and we are less than 24 hours from the event.

Apple want to keep this secret.

iWatch or iPhone 6? You never know. Not long to find out.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
there can be anyone of these: apple tv, mac mini, 12"macbook air
so the chances at least 1 hardware to be announce is now 100%

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
Really looking forward to this. Although, I say that every year Lol.

I think this one will be very interesting though. They haven't released anything significant this year...

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
I love the stories leading up to these events when even covered banners are posted as news. :p

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
Appleinsider points out the existence of the covered banners, but only were able to get poor quality shots from afar.

But ofcourse. The First Theorem of Internet Rumors states that all legit leaks must be shot in poor quality.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
there can be anyone of these: apple tv, mac mini, 12"macbook air
so the chances at least 1 hardware to be announce is now 100%

I know a lot of people want a new Mac mini but I hope it's the MacBook Air with Retina display!

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
It's not going to be anything like the iPhone 6 or the iWatch, Apple would want to protect something like that until announcement. A black cloth is hardly protecting when people can just lift and look under it.

oneMadRssn

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Detox by Dr. Dre, launching as an iTunes exclusive. You heard it here first.

... and last. Who am I kidding. That album is never coming out.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Interesting that they're still covered up and we are less than 24 hours from the event.

Apple want to keep this secret.

iWatch or iPhone 6? You never know. Not long to find out.

Not to damper the mood (personally this is my christmas, but I get a whole week of session videos to really see what Apple is doing) but it's not unusual for Apple to keep banners covered until the end of a keynote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.