Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Also, one thing I noticed is the Airplane mode. Is that really relevant on a Mac?

Unless we're getting LTE enabled Macs.

jennyp

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
It looks real, and it looks awful. This gratuitous homogenisation of the UI between devices is like, neurotic. And everything's got to be flat because, Ive says so. Any UI appearance which is actually useful to give a visual cue or an affordance prompt as to function is now deemed "skeuomorphic" and banned. Yech.

iTurbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Good lord, don't a lot of you have REAL work to be done? 10.10 or Mavericks or even Snow Leopard. Is this really that big of a deal concerning what YOU need to do for tomorrow?

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Good lord, don't a lot of you have REAL work to be done? 10.10 or Mavericks or even Snow Leopard. Is this really that big of a deal concerning what YOU need to do for tomorrow?

did you have a point you wanted to make or do you just not understand that some people really like this stuff and get excited about it, and that is perfectly okay?

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Looks like the photos are down, but I still have them open in a tab. If anyone wants them i can upload them to my imgur.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
10_10_blurrycam_1.jpg

Now that authenticity is pretty much confirmed, is this actually the new Apple menu? It doesn’t show the menu as active, but it sure replicates a lot of the core functionality of it.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
Also, one thing I noticed is the Airplane mode. Is that really relevant on a Mac?

Unless we're getting LTE enabled Macs.

i am thinking about that too...all the changes seems to be relevant for an ipad pro....with touch screen/LTE etc....so if this is real in near future we will have an ipad pro...I dont know what to think

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
I kinda missed a 'control center' in OS X. a 'DND' and a flight mode are great utilities for people that travel.

the added functionality of the 'notification center' seems also good. I don't use notification center enough, so something must have been wrong.

the dock is fugly as hell

the look: either Jony makes a truly new UI design or he doesn't touch it. These pics have this strange mix of classic elements and Jony flat design. Which make it look like there's no true guideline and management failed to support an overhaul. this entire confusion smells like Windows :)

also, blurred pictures released hours before WWDC even though they are taken much earlier, smells like buzz marketing...spread the word! :)

iTurbo

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
did you have a point you wanted to make or do you just not understand that some people really like this stuff and get excited about it, and that is perfectly okay?

Some of us have more important things to worry about. I've been a Mac user since OS 7 and I just think it's pretty trivial waiting for the next update as far as real stuff getting done. I will look at Mac Rumors for the WWDC update tomorrow at lunch for sure.

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
hope its not real, do not need flat on my mac, do not need stupid notifications on my mac, no quick control center. Who the hell came with idea that both systems, mobile and pc should look similar? WHY? These are completely different paradigms.

Then don't use notifications or control center?

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
And apple said that others are confused turning tablets into notebooks etc...if this is real so we will have an ipad pro so...your statement is gone and embarrassment

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Looks like it's maybe designed for touch, with the way the panes slide out from the sides and the size and similarity of the controls to iOS.

Touch screen iMacs anyone?

That's the last thing apple would give a touch screen. And they're not.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Some of us have more important things to worry about. I've been a Mac user since OS 7 and I just think it's pretty trivial waiting for the next update as far as real stuff getting done. I will look at Mac Rumors for the WWDC update tomorrow at lunch for sure.

you don't have any hobbies or things you get excited about? maybe a new movie or new release from a musician you look forward to? some of us tech fans just get excited about new techy things because it's something we enjoy.

mcrazza

macrumors member
Aug 2, 2008
Hobart, Australia
What's with the pre-Leopard dock? A bit of a backward step there.

Having said that, I'm down with some of the iOS7-like iconography in some of the leaked pics.

Not long to go now. I'm looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning Australia-time and have all the news out, ready, discussed and dissected. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.