Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Hey all!

So very sadly, this will be the first WWDC keynote in a very long time that I won't be able to watch live due to my physics final exam starting at 1PM eastern

However, I don't plan on getting the juicy story any where else but firsthand. Anyone have a clue if there is a cache somewhere (mirror, etc) of the keynote that will be available shortly after the conclusion of the keynote?

If someone is recording the keynote using VLC or something, could they potentially share it with me via google drive?

Thanks for helping out a fellow geek! :apple::apple:

The HD recording is usually available on the Apple website a couple of hours after the keynote finishes. It could be longer though, I can't remember.

anotherarunan

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
London, United Kingdom (UK)
It seems much like VHS and Audio Cassettes, the days of the 'live text' Apple events are slowly fading into a distant memory.

Although I will miss having several browser windows open across several displays - being able to sit on the comfort of my sofa and watch is very much appreciated! :cool:

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Honestly, I'd be very surprised if it was available on iPhone 4.

The iPhone 4 is the only device that may not get iOS 8.

However, since iOS 8 will probably be a refinement and optimization update, there is a high chance that iOS 8 will be for all devices with iOS 7.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
You can also download podcasts of apple keynotes through itunes, some in high definition. This one should be available there too later after the event.

They seem to edit it a bit before uploading to itunes though and that takes a while.

mdridwan47

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2014
You do know that's fake.

You don't say...

But this wasn't...

All-sizes-Redmond-start-your-photocopiers.-Flickr-Photo-Sharing.jpg

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
The iPhone 4 is the only device that may not get iOS 8.

However, since iOS 8 will probably be a refinement and optimization update, there is a high chance that iOS 8 will be for all devices with iOS 7.

True. They will probably release it for the iPhone, the iPhone 3G, and the iPhone 3GS, too.

mangomind

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
True. They will probably release it for the iPhone, the iPhone 3G, and the iPhone 3GS, too.

Very funny.

But seriously, think about it. If the optimizations in iOS 8 make it run better than iOS 7, then Apple could absolutely update all iOS 7 devices. But that is a big 'if.'

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Do you guys think the iPad 3 will get ios8? I'm planning on upgrading to the iPad Air 2 when they release it, hopefully later this year, but for now I've got the iPad 3.

MasterHowl

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
North of England
Gutted I can't watch the live event this year - it's the first day of my internship today!

Something to look forward to tonight though :) feet up with a beer me thinks!

DaveMcM76

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Do you guys think the iPad 3 will get ios8? I'm planning on upgrading to the iPad Air 2 when they release it, hopefully later this year, but for now I've got the iPad 3.

Thats pretty much where I am too - iPad 3 should definitely get iOS 8 based on the iPad 2 getting iOS 7... They only ever normally phase out one generation at a time, so my guess would be if any devices get dropped for iOS 8 it will be the iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Thats pretty much where I am too - iPad 3 should definitely get iOS 8 based on the iPad 2 getting iOS 7... They only ever normally phase out one generation at a time, so my guess would be if any devices get dropped for iOS 8 it will be the iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

Hopefully, if not I will just stick with ios7 until the new iPad Air 2 comes out, at least I will be able to get ios8 on my iPhone 5S so it's not like I won't be able to try it. I do wish Apple would announce some hardware soon tho, nothing has been announced this year (apart from updated Macbook Airs).

fizzyfizz

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2010
TQ2 - UK
I've banned my girlfriend from using the internet during the live stream in case any unnecessary online shopping causes bandwidth issues with the video and she's also been told not to disturb me unless she's delivering food or alcohol :)

Mtmspa

Suspended
May 13, 2013
Comes on at noon in central US, so that is perfect. However, I did take the day off to work at home so I can watch on my ATV.:)

----------

I've banned my girlfriend from using the internet during the live stream in case any unnecessary online shopping causes bandwidth issues with the video and she's also been told not to disturb me unless she's delivering food or alcohol :)

That should be a ongoing practice.

tigertazz

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009

Luckily my wife's at work so I just have a 2 yr old to entertain/put to bed. But seeing this I now want my wife home so I too can have food/beer delivered

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.