Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

if1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
Hello everyone,

I exchanged my iPhone 5s a few times because of dead Pixels and a noisy homebutton. Sometimes at the Apple retail stores here in Germany, Sometimes at the Apple Care Hotline.

Now Apple Care decided to give me a complete new one (no refurb)
I was happy :)

On friday the complete new phone was delivered via UPS.
No nicks or dents... Everything allright i thought.
I checked it on dead Pixels very accurately. And i found after a long search 2 dead pixels again

But i see them only in some angles... And they are very hard to find.

Now my question is: is it normal that iphones have it? Or am i too over-particlular that i search for it? A normal user wouldn't see it. Even i have to search everytime a few minutes before i find it

what should i do? Exchange my new original retail device in a refurb again???
I had 3 refurbs from the Apple store that had a dead pixel too last Year...

So much misfortune i can't have... i think i use it... And live with it... Or what do you think...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
If these anomalies are not visible during normal operation of the phone, then don't worry about them. Are you use they are anomalies or just due to viewing the phone at extreme angles?

if1988

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
They are very hard to see... Not extreme angles but i see it better when i look a little bit from the side.

----------

Maybe i have only very good eyes...

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
They are very hard to see... Not extreme angles but i see it better when i look a little bit from the side.

----------

Maybe i have only very good eyes...

Maybe you are quite young - you may find as you get older that such trivialities aren't worth the time while many other things on life are waiting for you instead.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Maybe you are quite young - you may find as you get older that such trivialities aren't worth the time while many other things on life are waiting for you instead.

AMEN!

Been many years from when I sat and stared at my phone for hours from all angles. Something tells me, also, the OP is very young as his main problems in life is having an absolute perfect iPhone. Just wait till he/she has to work, gets married, has kids, worries about money . . . . . . . buys health insurance, etc.

He will be handing his iPhone to the baby with food all over its hands just to entertain them for a few minutes while you try to get something done.

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
Pixel anomalies 5s

Or maybe we all do have OCD to some degree...

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.