Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK
Evening

Anybody using radio triggers on the Fuji X series as I'm looking for suggestions!

We are currently using x100, XE-1 and XT-1 so any experience with these would be good.

Currently looking at Flashwave 111, purely on right ups and apparent lack of miss fires? Any comments.

At the moment it's going to be paired with YONGNUO YN-560lll, strictly off camera.

Any help gratefully received.

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Depends how much cash you want to spend I guess. I use a cheap set of these that I got from Amazon for about £25 (the same ones but two triggers and one transmitter). I got them to use on my X100 and they've worked perfectly. I also use it on my XE1 with no problems.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Depends how much cash you want to spend I guess. I use a cheap set of these that I got from Amazon for about £25 (the same ones but two triggers and one transmitter). I got them to use on my X100 and they've worked perfectly. I also use it on my XE1 with no problems.

£25? I paid nearly that for a cable. I wonder if they are Nikon compatible?

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK

Thanks for that.......have you a name for me! ;)

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK
Erm Julie?

Sorry I forgot to add the link that I had copied for you. Here it is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Channel-Wir...qid=1401485778&sr=8-3&keywords=Radio+triggers

Mine aren't that particular make but there are a few different brands that are basically the same hardware just rebranded.

AFB I believe they are compatible with Nikon.

PMSL.......sorry Mac, as I'm sure you realised, I meant the name of the triggers.....I'm not that nosey! :D

Thanks a lot, looking now...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
Cool. And as they are from Amazon, free delivery and I can return them easily if there is an issue.

Absolutely. I've had mine for a few months with no issue at all. They feel a bit flimsy but they do the job and get you into some off camera loveliness. I opted for the two pack of triggers so that I've got a back up if one fails and also for when I add another strobe at some point. You can't really say no at the price.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
I use Yongnuo RF-603 II triggers. They're cheap, great range and versatile.
I have 4 triggers (2 Canon and 2 Nikon), they work great*

I use the Nikon version on my Pentax to fire the flashes - the Canon don't fire on the Pentax.
*I can't seem to wake up Flashes with a half shutter press after they go to sleep though.

The Fuji hotshoe looks a lot like the Canon hot shoe (as opposed to the Nikon or Pentax hot shoe), that might be a starting point for some research.

Last edited:

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK
I use Yongnuo RF-603 II triggers. They're cheap, great range and versatile.
I have 4 triggers (2 Canon and 2 Nikon), they work great*

I use the Nikon version on my Pentax to fire the flashes - the Canon don't fire on the Pentax.
*I can't seem to wake up Flashes with a half shutter press after they go to sleep though.

The Fuji hotshoe looks a lot like the Canon hot shoe (as opposed to the Nikon or Pentax hot shoe), that might be a starting point for some research.

Thanks Reef...it's seems that the canon fit shoes are the ones to go for for XSeries, but I'm struggling to find anything definitive! Still looking.

Are you using Yongnuo flash guns as well? Been looking at YongNuo YN-560 III Flashgun as they are getting really good right ups.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Thanks Reef...it's seems that the canon fit shoes are the ones to go for for XSeries, but I'm struggling to find anything definitive! Still looking.

Are you using Yongnuo flash guns as well? Been looking at YongNuo YN-560 III Flashgun as they are getting really good right ups.

Ah I don't have a YN-560 III but I may end up getting one down the line, they look great!

I love how they have the receiver built in so you can adjust the flash power from a remote controlled device with a little screen on it, brilliant! :)

I was biased against third party flashguns until my friend introduced me to Yongnuo... I think the build quality of his Yongnuo unit is better than the genuine Pentax and Canon flashguns I've used.

LongSticks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2012
Kent, UK
Ah I don't have a YN-560 III but I may end up getting one down the line, they look great!

I love how they have the receiver built in so you can adjust the flash power from a remote controlled device with a little screen on it, brilliant! :)

I was biased against third party flashguns until my friend introduced me to Yongnuo... I think the build quality of his Yongnuo unit is better than the genuine Pentax and Canon flashguns I've used.

Thanks again Reef. Will be getting mine in the next 2 weeks so if I'm in before you I'll report back!

Happy snapping

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.