Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacVista

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2007
As soon as Samsung transitions from Android to Tizen, Android is going to quickly lose market share momentum. Hopefully Samsung will be able to get out from under Google and Android's thumb. With Samsung selling so many devices using Android, a shift to Tizen would have to slow Android's rapid growth of smartphone and tablet market share. In another year, we'll see how little influence Android has without Samsung practically carrying it. Samsung is Android's most influential hardware partner. I think Wall Street is going to be in for a rude awakening relatively soon.

I just saw Tizen for the first time. It looks so readable and functional, in short, a serious product like iOS6. A sharp contrast to iOS7.

Unless iOS8 copies from Tizen, at least to give you an option for it to look and feel like iOS6/Tizen, then Apple should prepare to drop a notch or more in next year Fortune 500 rankings. Not all of Apple customers are kids.

JHankwitz

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2005
Wisconsin
Plus the NFL is a not for profit group - if you can somehow wrap your head around that :rolleyes:

Not for Profit doesn't mean the corporation doesn't make a profit. The NFL, enjoys conducting business under Section 501(c) (6) of the federal tax code. The 32 member franchises pay dues to create a league, which is in line with its organizational category. Other high profile entities that enjoy a tax exempt status are hospitals, schools and universities.

Read more: http://www.ehow.com/about_5217394_irs-definition-non-profit-corporation.html#ixzz33Uf58or2

matrixhacker

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2009
iovinenadella.png

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
These professional pundits always seem to think that the most important metric is revenue or market share or anything else but profit. As I understand, any company in business is only interested in working hard and well enough to MAKE A PROFIT. Apple is doing the best possible job of making a profit while also making great products and services. People love them like no other company on earth and still that isn't good enough for these pundits. Anything to bring down greatness.

True enough, revenue is not earnings. A company could easily be on or even top the Fortune 500, yet be unprofitable. Tracking revenue has the one redeeming quality of establishing a relatively stable list of companies with the biggest economic impact.

In the end, nothing to get excited about one way or another. It's just a list.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
What is wrong with the FORTUNE website?? I can't see any of the lists...something is wrong with the site, or it won't display properly on my browser (Safari)

Anybody else having the same problem viewing the FORTUNE list on their site?

Yes. New website design is crap and apparently doesn't work if you use ad blocking software.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
Good effort. Still Samsung's revenues are almost 2x that of Apple. I personally am not sure why people really care though because if they like the companies because of their revenues they should really switch their allegiances to Wal Mart (3x the revenues of Apple).

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
That's what you are able to do if you produce amazing products.

Please don't try to justify it. :eek: Apple is selling storage with prices from like 2007. Having 16gb as a start (let alone 8gb) is really not enough for an average user. Apple knows this and knows people will buy higher capacities, that's why they charge so much. Sadly, many people stilll buy it, so Apple can still, even in 2014, ask these prices.

Trapezoid

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Please don't try to justify it. :eek: Apple is selling storage with prices from like 2007. Having 16gb as a start (let alone 8gb) is really not enough for an average user. Apple knows this and knows people will buy higher capacities, that's why they charge so much. Sadly, many people stilll buy it, so Apple can still, even in 2014, ask these prices.

That pesky "apple can only charge what the market will bear" thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.