Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I've no idea what you two are bickering about, but your post is using 'Mexicans' as a plural, therefore there's no apostrophe.

Not to go on grammar patrol, but it can have an apostrophe if using plural possessive, which the apostrophe would go after the s.

Now, can we get back on topic?

BL.

brianvictor7

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Point is that the desktops/notebooks we usually see have processor upgrades 'n stuff. Intel hasn't had them ready, so there will be no hardware related news there. Makes me kinda sad.

Good news and bad in that. Now I don't feel so bad for buying my MacBook in March instead of waiting till June. Would have wasted waiting 3 months because I absolutely had to have one by this week for my business needs.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
You just love being a wet blanket don't you. :rolleyes:

Nope being factful, say you ran gameloft, how would YOU moderate your resources to make a game on an Apple exclusive graphics platform, look at the costs involved, and then see if you're also willing to make your game on Android and Windows Mobile, the platforms that use graphics standards everyone knows and uses?
That's what Apple has done.

And then to throw in a new programming language too. And that same company will have to have it's staff retrained in a new non standard code. I don't program at all but I do know C+ etc is a very big and heavily used standard.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
C'mon people! Be nice! We can all agree to disagree. This should be a fun event, with a some complaining. :D Let's play nice with each other! :D

Dude don't trip, cuz the one's that are complaining and hating KNOW this was a not only a great keynote but quite an amazingly great array of features and symmetry between the Mac and iOS...plus the addition to support more 3rd party applications. Anybody denying this was a great keynote is just flaming the forum. Ignore them.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
No hardware today. All about developers and Mac/iOS platforms.

Yep, kind of as expected. A huge amount of exciting developer content! Can’t wait to see some of the sessions later (via video).

Someone earlier posted something about there “not being much for developers”, hahahaha, I almost laughed myself into a stroke :D

Mackie924

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
Nope being factful, say you ran gameloft, how would YOU moderate your resources to make a game on an Apple exclusive graphics platform, look at the costs involved, and then see if you're also willing to make your game on Android and Windows Mobile, the platforms that use graphics standards everyone knows and uses?
That's what Apple has done.

When you think about it like that, what Apple's done is crazy ambitious.

derek4484

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2010
Another disappointing release of iOS. Woooo 3rd party keyboards....finally. Predictive text keyboard....WOW...finally. Widgets in notification area....Weeeeee....finally. All stuff that Android has had for years and years.

I will say, that iOS 8 does have a lot of good stuff if you're a dev.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
As expected,no iWatch,no MacMini refresh ( i hope they're redesigning for Broadwel plus thunderbolt 3 ) no cheaper Imac..so basically maybe next Fall^^?

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
I don't think that was too disappointing! Some really great, useful new features for both iOS and OSX and OSX gets a brand new look which is gorgeous! The developer kits don't really mean anything to me but by the sounds of it they're really good news! Looking forward to custom keyboards too! Really want a swipe type keyboard! I will definitely get involved with the public Yosemite beta too! Any idea when that will be available? They said "summer."

Fangio

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2011
No hardware news. This is a conference for coders after all :)

and they've got a lot to be excited about. A lot.

Mackie924

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2014
Dude don't trip, cuz the one's that are complaining and hating KNOW this was a not only a great keynote but quite an amazingly great array of features and symmetry between the Mac and iOS...plus the addition to support more 3rd party applications. Anybody denying this was a great keynote is just flaming the forum. Ignore them.

Really? So a dissenting opinion is flaming the forum? Interesting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.