Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I like the option for a third party keyboard and better communications between apps. I would have liked to have the ability to change default apps, but that is still not available in iOS 8.

With the new extensions you essentially can.

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
@DetroitBORG just posted this on Twitter; Safari can now request Desktop Site!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 474

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
I am installing it now, how do I go about getting a third-party keyboard?

It would have to be available for download (probably via App Store)

Considering it was just made available I doubt any are ready for test right now.

xIN FLAMES325x

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2013
I am installing it now, how do I go about getting a third-party keyboard?

good question. i have the beta installed and couldnt find it either. called apple and basically their responses were "what are you talking about?" and "we dont know"

AgentElliot007

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2010
What exactly is DuckDuckGo if you do not mind me asking? Never head of it and sadly missed WWDC!

It's also gotten a lot better recently aside from just specializing in privacy. They've got a lot of little tweaks that keep popping up and they're integrating cool new services. It's been exciting to see a search engine not fueled by ad money grow.

SumYoungGai

macrumors 65816
Jun 11, 2013
SF Bay Area, CA
After iTunes installs iOS 8.0 and the iPhone reboots, there's a "slide to upgrade" and it asks you for your passcode. Right now, there's a white background and a black apple logo with a black progress bar. iPhone 5S Space Grey 32.

xIN FLAMES325x

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2013
Wait until that part of the App Store goes live in September...

so wait, they show these features at the WWDC keynote, release the beta to developers so they can get everything programmed/packaged/sent in time for the public release....but even developers wont have access to these things until general public release? thats foolish

Smith288

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2008
good question. i have the beta installed and couldnt find it either. called apple and basically their responses were "what are you talking about?" and "we dont know"

What number did you call? Because I seriously doubt any support lines would respect a beta question of any kind.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
so wait, they show these features at the WWDC keynote, release the beta to developers so they can get everything programmed/packaged/sent in time for the public release....but even developers wont have access to these things until general public release? thats foolish

Do you know what beta means?
Third party Devs can now work on their keyboards

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Sorry if it's already been mentioned but...

With the images Apple are using with iOS 8, there is a caller screen and it's the full picture, are full-screen caller pictures back?!?

xIN FLAMES325x

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2013
You called Apple? Seriously?

People like you shouldn't be allowed betas.

people like me work for companies that develop the apps people like you buy

What number did you call? Because I seriously doubt any support lines would respect a beta question of any kind.

developer support. betas arent supported, but dev support has access to all the new features they put on their member website. i thought i missed something there and wanted to make sure

Andy-V

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007

Devs can BUILD their keyboards. This isn't a beta to test out other people's keyboards. No dev needs a 3rd party keyboard to develop their apps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.