Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gsusser

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2012
Medellín, Colombia
This really doesn't belong on this site, but I'm stuck with no place else to ask.

I know what I want and have found bags that come close but aren't perfect. I've got a 13" MB Air which I transport only occasionally. I mostly want it for work. I ride a bike to the train station, so I need a shoulder strap. I want the smallest and lightest pack that can hold incidental stuff including my iPad, occasionally my MB Air. The closest I've come so far is the Tumi Alpha Bravo. Next up was the Timbuk2 Commander but I wasn't crazy about it. I'll spend up to $200 or so.

Is there a specialized forum anyone knows of to ask this stuff? Thanks.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
This really doesn't belong on this site, but I'm stuck with no place else to ask.

I know what I want and have found bags that come close but aren't perfect. I've got a 13" MB Air which I transport only occasionally. I mostly want it for work. I ride a bike to the train station, so I need a shoulder strap. I want the smallest and lightest pack that can hold incidental stuff including my iPad, occasionally my MB Air. The closest I've come so far is the Tumi Alpha Bravo. Next up was the Timbuk2 Commander but I wasn't crazy about it. I'll spend up to $200 or so.

Since it looks like you're from Jersey City, I recommend going to Best Buy or another retailer!

JMountainDew

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2012
The closest I've come so far is the Tumi Alpha Bravo.

The Tumi Alpha Bravo Knox is an excellent bag and the perfect size for carrying the very basics. I picked one up on sale last year, but later invested in the Kingsville because I discovered I wanted a little more room (plus the different pocket configuration better suited my individual needs). I highly recommend either. Good luck!

Dubba

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2006
Nairobi, Kenya

If you haven't already bought, there is a sale at bags and Tumi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.