Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
I'd suggest listening to a few set of cans before purchasing, though from experience the ATH-M50s are excellent value and sound superb.

Not say don't get Beats but there are some very good sounding options out there.

PmmDan1310

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2014
Salt Lake City
I agree with everyone here. Much better stuff for your money. There really isn't anything special about the upbeats outside of the colorful design.

For the comparable sennheisers does anyone know driver/speaker size? The specs add up on the sennheisers but I believe the cable type is regular meaning they'll still tangle on you.

For the Bose IE2's I couldn't find anything on driver size, impedance, frequency response, or sensitivity. I kinda felt they were saying...hey these are Bose, what more do we need to say.

I'm thinking about buying a new pair of Apple Earpods or Dre's urBeats.
I need something compatible with my iphone

The only "negative" comments ive heard on urBeats it the bass.
Is it a Huge difference from Apple's earpods ?

One + is that they say urBeats is tangle-free.
My current earpods are a mess! impossible to straight it out

MDePew24

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2008
Ballwin, MO
I have a pair of Beats Tours, the original wireless beats and the newer wireless studio beats and they have been great. I don't have any complaints about them.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

rctlr

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2012
I've tried urBeats, and they didnt do it for me. Went on and tried M55i earphones from Sennheiser.
They are a lot more evenly balanced.
As I listen to mainly Rock, midrange is important to me, and I've always found the Beats headphones I've used so bass heavy it kills the midrange.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.