Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
.....apple actually replaced their ear buds with beats ear buds and raised the price to $100, i mean you pay 3biliion for something why not do this? although most would say apple would never blah blah blah, obviously they saw something else other than streaming music, be innovative right?

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
You act as if the only way to sell them is by bundling them with the phone. People buy beats all the time. Just read your comment again and see if it makes sense.

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
You act as if the only way to sell them is by bundling them with the phone. People buy beats all the time. Just read your comment again and see if it makes sense.

makes complete sense to me thats why i pushed (submit), i dont act as anything i was just making an assumption like 1,000s of people on here do daily.. it would make sense instead of giving away "free" ear buds..but hey you work for apple you know everything...and p.s beats break more than you think, the build is poor, name sells not quality of product

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
makes complete sense to me thats why i pushed (submit), i dont act as anything i was just making an assumption like 1,000s of people on here do daily.. it would make sense instead of giving away "free" ear buds..but hey you work for apple you know everything...and p.s beats break more than you think, the build is poor, name sells not quality of product

I agree with you that the quality is poor but Apple won't give them away for cheap. Apple is not struggling to sell iPhones and beats are not struggling to sell headphones. Why raise the price of the iPhone to include beats ear buds.

shawndc1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 12, 2014
Wouldn't it make more sense to replace the $79.99 in-ear headphones?

i had no idea they were that high, i try to keep the ones that come with the phone in good condition,

----------

I agree with you that the quality is poor but Apple won't give them away for cheap. Apple is not struggling to sell iPhones and beats are not struggling to sell headphones. Why raise the price of the iPhone to include beats ear buds.

cool, i wasnt saying thats a reason to raise it, but im reading they want to raise it 100...and no reason i read to date makes sense to me to raise it 100, they are already high price as is. i still have the iphone 5 (tmobile) waiting for the 6

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
i had no idea they were that high, i try to keep the ones that come with the phone in good condition,

----------

cool, i wasnt saying thats a reason to raise it, but im reading they want to raise it 100...and no reason i read to date makes sense to me to raise it 100, they are already high price as is. i still have the iphone 5 (tmobile) waiting for the 6

The EarPods that come with devices are only $29.99. The in-ear headphones are the more expensive option.

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Beats suck sorry. I can see them doing it, but you're really not gaining anything if they replace it. Oh maybe color earbuds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.