Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Have any if you noticed a performance boost?

I just updated my iPad 3 for 7.1 to 7.1.1 and my iPad is running noticeably smoother.

They still haven't fixed the problem with the new TLD's with this update.
Trying to manually type in a .guru or .photography URL will still take you to a Google search, not the requested URL.
Way to go Apple, Chrome on iOS has never had a problem yet you seem unable to fix it!!!

bmt25

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2012
It seems to improve my battery life, or Maybe I just disable LTE when im not using mobile data. 120% charged. So if we'll measure it at 100percent, itll be 2% left with that usage i didnt use my mobile data. Just less than 30min of music. So almost all the usage the screen was on. Btw I Charged it for 3hours. (29%.batt left)

ynudu8e4.jpg

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
I am sorry that the truth hurts fanboys and zealots but Apple was totally in incompetent and wrote extreme shoddy code and was completely ignorant of a massive hole that gave the NSA total access to all data on the Iphone or they did it intentionally.....
Other people's "truth" is just that, no effect on me. What are you doing wrong to be so afraid of the NSA?? Do you obsess over the government and forget about all of the hidden private companies that track you online, on your phone?? ;)

dhruveonmars

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2011
UK
Anybody else's parallax and motion setting get changed from 7.1?

If I turn reduce motion on, it changes the app change animation from zoom to fade, but leaving reduce motion off, also keeps parallax turned on, even if the wallpaper has perspective zoom off.

Same thing happened to my friend.

I'm on the 5s, and he's on the 5.

Is there no way to keep the zoom animation, but no parallax effect?

Any help is appreciated.

zed1291

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
NYC
With control panel and notifications included in iOS 7, I'm curious as to what tweaks you're finding useful?

Ironically enought, I just updated to the iOS 8 beta, so my iPhone isnt jail broken anymore. When it was I had a tweak to customize which toggles were in control center, I could slide across my keyboard to move the text selector (instead of tapping and holding to see the magnifying glass), i activated tethering on my unlimited data plan, and I added passcode grace (so that the passcode or Touch ID wasn't required until after 5min of being locked). I also took away the "missed" tab in notification center (which is gone in iOS 8), I was able to rename certain apps (I renamed tweetbot to Twitter, music to iPod, and Paper by Facebook to Facebook), as well as some other really minor things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.