Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr.thing

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
Unfortunately, my glass came broken today. INVELLOP was very good and refunded almost immediately.

wROhwO2.jpg

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
Bodyguardz is doing a Black Friday sale of some sort...it may be a great discount! If so...their tempered glass protector just may get cheap enough for me to buy it!

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I had to post about my experience with Bodyguardz today. GREAT COMPANY!!!

I ordered a Screenguardz Pure for my iPad Air during their Black Friday sale. Received it last Saturday and installed it. Looks AWESOME and it feels like silk...maybe better than just the screen...except for the lower left corner wouldn't stick down. I thought maybe I had gotten some dust under it, so I lifted it up with my fingernail, used a dust sticker and tried again to no avail. I've held it down with books and things for a couple days...still wouldn't go. So I contacted Bodyguardz via live chat...explained the situation...and they are sending me out a new Pure, no questions asked. All I must do is return the one I currently have so they can see what the issue was.

I didn't have this issue on my iPhone 5S and it may just be because of a new product, but I anticipate that this one will install fine now that I have gotten the "feel" of it.

They have their Advantage Replacement Program which would've replaced it at a much lower cost for breakage...this is lifetime. However, they just replaced it for free. That's awesome in my book. A premium product with great customer service...awesome sauce! :)

mr.thing

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2010
After my unsuccessful attempt to get glass from Invellop (it arrived broken) I decided to give a try to some cheap eBay tempered glass. Costed me $15 delivered and took about week and half to arrive down under.

Surprisingly, is it pretty good for the price. Obviously quality it not on par with SGP I have on my iPhone, but considering price difference it is worth it.

Pros:
Cheap
Very clear
Feels like real glass
No fingerprints left ( maybe some oleophobic coating is there)

Cons:
A bit too thick, comparing to SGP Glass tR Slim
Adds a bit of a weight
Does not stick properly on the edges

Still, it is really good comparing to the Belkin True Clear HD screen protector I used before.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Real-Exp...en-Protector-for-New-iPad-Air-5-/181260831574

Pictures:

IMAGE_1.jpg

IMAGE_2.jpg

IMAGE_3.jpg

sonic youth

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2013
Do you guys have edges shatter problem? I bought a SGP for my new Air recently, but the edges was shattered....looks so bad..

----------

I just came across a brand called RHINO SHIELD, developed by a group of young Cambridge U. lads, will have a try later. Will update and let you guys know how I feel (desperately need protection for for my iPad AIR)

Jhun80

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2013
I got the BodyGuards Pure for $39 from their site couple of weeks ago. Screen Feels more secure now.

9elv.jpg

Tortri

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2010
Has anyone had any experience with this brand? I like the ultra thinness.

http://www.iloome.com/iPad-Air-Screen-Protector-Flexible/dp/B00H9TZPJ6

Just got mine today and loving it. It's ultra thin, no sticker needed on the home button here. Flexable as advertised. Used the hinge method/steamed bathroom trick and it went on great. I've used SGP on my iPad third gen and it is super thick compared to the iloome. I'm gonna keep using it for a few more days before I post a thread about my experience.

It's as if nothing is on my iPad screen that's how thin it is.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Just got mine today and loving it. It's ultra thin, no sticker needed on the home button here. Flexable as advertised. Used the hinge method/steamed bathroom trick and it went on great. I've used SGP on my iPad third gen and it is super thick compared to the iloome. I'm gonna keep using it for a few more days before I post a thread about my experience.

It's as if nothing is on my iPad screen that's how thin it is.

Thanks for your feedback. Please do continue to offer feedback as you use it for awhile. I have the Bodyguardz Pure on my iPhone and really like it but do have a sticker on the home button.

Right now I have a Tech Armor clear on my iPad and at this point will keep it as the install was absolutely perfect. I usually pride myself on futzing until I get a great dust free install but this time was really the best ever. And so far I do like the feel of the Tech Armor - great product for the price.

But I'm always on the search for the perfect product and this new thin glass might be the one for any future purchases.

LxHunter

Suspended
Nov 14, 2010
I used tempered glass from mimeusa.com love it!

I do too.
Have MIME Feather Glass 0.15mm on 5s.
http://mimeusa.com/product/iphone-5-feather-glass-tempered-glass-screen-protector/

They dont make Feather for iPad.
Has anyone tried their Ghost Glass?
Is 0.32mm I think
http://mimeusa.com/product/ipad-air-ghost-glass-tempered-glass-screen-protector/

kapalua12

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
United States
I do too.
Have MIME Feather Glass 0.15mm on 5s.
http://mimeusa.com/product/iphone-5-feather-glass-tempered-glass-screen-protector/

They dont make Feather for iPad.
Has anyone tried their Ghost Glass?
Is 0.32mm I think
http://mimeusa.com/product/ipad-air-ghost-glass-tempered-glass-screen-protector/

I'm very much interested in suggestions for thin tempered glass for my Air and miniRetina.

The .4 mm thick Spigen glas just seems way too thick after being so happy with their tr nano glas which is much thinner.

PmmDan1310

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2014
Salt Lake City
Absolutely not true. I can tell you no other manufacturer out there uses BodyGuardz glass. We developed our glass for a reason and it wasn't just to get a piece of glass out there. We wanted real impact protection not just something that protects against scratches. Since I've been here I've worked with numerous independent testing companies and BodyGuardz is hands down the most protective glass screen protection available. But I've said this numerous times its not necessarily for everyone. If all you need is scratch protection any glass will do. But if you're like me and don't want a huge case on your phone, or want to protect an expensive investment like an iPad, putting a piece of glass on your device that will actually protect the phone is a no brainer.

We definitely recognize glass for tablets is expensive. Tomorrow we are releasing and all new impact resistant film for half the price. I took Pure off my phone and have HD IMPACT on it and to be perfectly honest...I like it. And I'm definitely not a traditional screen protection guy. It's got an optical clarity of 95% so the same as glass, its thinner and it feels awesome - very similar to actual glass.

Im guessing everyone is using the same stuff, and just brand it and charge extortionate amounts for the brand (a bit like Apple *cough* cough*) after a bad experience with Martin Fields on my iPad 3 (peeling) and rainbow effect, i'm just not going to overspend again (especially after the Ipad 4 surprise knocking a great deal of resale value off my ipad 3). So may just go for this cheap one, how clear was the bodyguards and was it a grease magnet (the above should be similar) and worth testing for the price.

now i just need to wait for this and Anker Ultra Slim iPad Air Case in UK (and hopefully gen 2 with auto sleep) and i can buy Air (not going to buy first and end up scratching it like last time).

bigdog5142

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
MI
I had to post about my experience with Bodyguardz today. GREAT COMPANY!!!

I ordered a Screenguardz Pure for my iPad Air during their Black Friday sale. Received it last Saturday and installed it. Looks AWESOME and it feels like silk...maybe better than just the screen...except for the lower left corner wouldn't stick down. I thought maybe I had gotten some dust under it, so I lifted it up with my fingernail, used a dust sticker and tried again to no avail. I've held it down with books and things for a couple days...still wouldn't go. So I contacted Bodyguardz via live chat...explained the situation...and they are sending me out a new Pure, no questions asked. All I must do is return the one I currently have so they can see what the issue was.

I didn't have this issue on my iPhone 5S and it may just be because of a new product, but I anticipate that this one will install fine now that I have gotten the "feel" of it.

They have their Advantage Replacement Program which would've replaced it at a much lower cost for breakage...this is lifetime. However, they just replaced it for free. That's awesome in my book. A premium product with great customer service...awesome sauce! :)

Had to quote myself...I still say everything I said above...but I've moved away from Bodyguardz for one BIG REASON...their warranty policy. I now have the Zagg Glass on my iPhone 5S and iPad Air. IMO, the Zagg is every bit as protective as the BG Pure and it feels more smooth while having rounded edges. It is a GREAT product...and I believe, a superior product. But even if I felt that the glass was equal, the warranty is crazy good with Zagg. Free lifetime replacements for ANY reason from Zagg (pay for S&H). BG costs $29.99 for each replacement glass...albeit for life. The Zagg also retails for $49.99 and the BG is $79.99. (I got my Pure for half off on Black Friday...but I got my Zagg for half of last weekend.) To me...the choice is "clear." :)

prozai

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2014
Hello guys, sorry for reviving an old thread but there is some question from me regarding on the glass screen protector. I'm going to get an 0.33mm glass protector and does it compatible with the apple leather smart case? I'm very confuse should I ever get one for my iPad. Besides, does the glass protector add a lot of weight to ur iPad? Thank you :confused:

hschimmo

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2014
Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but I have a concern with the BodyGuards glass and my Apple Air Smartcase for my new iPAD Air 2. Brought the glass cover because I am a klutz... Since I have had it on, the iPad battery drains even when not in use; even when I turn it off. Did I miss something? Is the glass too thick and the iPad always on?

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2012
I got this for my rMini on eBay for $7.00. The feel of it is awesome, and better than the real screen. It is extremely smooth, leaves 90% fewer fingerprints, and is a lot easier to clean, compared to a plastic SP. I can't believe I avoided TGSP's this long. I will never buy plastic again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 190

CyberManiaK

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2014
I got this for my rMini on eBay for $7.00. The feel of it is awesome, and better than the real screen. It is extremely smooth, leaves 90% fewer fingerprints, and is a lot easier to clean, compared to a plastic SP. I can't believe I avoided TGSP's this long. I will never buy plastic again.

You have the link ?

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
Sorry if I missed this elsewhere, but I have a concern with the BodyGuards glass and my Apple Air Smartcase for my new iPAD Air 2. Brought the glass cover because I am a klutz... Since I have had it on, the iPad battery drains even when not in use; even when I turn it off. Did I miss something? Is the glass too thick and the iPad always on?

Not a chance. Check your settings.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
Absolutely not true. I can tell you no other manufacturer out there uses BodyGuardz glass. We developed our glass for a reason and it wasn't just to get a piece of glass out there. We wanted real impact protection not just something that protects against scratches. Since I've been here I've worked with numerous independent testing companies and BodyGuardz is hands down the most protective glass screen protection available. But I've said this numerous times its not necessarily for everyone. If all you need is scratch protection any glass will do. But if you're like me and don't want a huge case on your phone, or want to protect an expensive investment like an iPad, putting a piece of glass on your device that will actually protect the phone is a no brainer.

We definitely recognize glass for tablets is expensive. Tomorrow we are releasing and all new impact resistant film for half the price. I took Pure off my phone and have HD IMPACT on it and to be perfectly honest...I like it. And I'm definitely not a traditional screen protection guy. It's got an optical clarity of 95% so the same as glass, its thinner and it feels awesome - very similar to actual glass.

Pure is the only protector from Bodyguardz that I feel is any good. The HD Impact you mention is, in my opinion, junk. I hated it. Bubbles, and my finger dragged on the surface. I don't think glass is that expensive. I have one on my iPad Air 2 and I paid no where near the price of Pure. Got it from Amazon ($14) and its works just as well.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
Zagg Glass Excellent!

Got my Zagg Invisible Shield today! Man-Oh-Man is am so happy with this screen protector. First I strongly recommend a glass protector purely because the are clear and don't turn yellow or distort your view. What makes me so happy with my Zagg is how super slick it is, I mean its like the screen is wet and in even improves the feel of the screen.
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...s-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields/8902
just my 2 cents.

newellj

macrumors G3
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
That's really true. I have a couple of different brands on my different iOS devices, but they all actually feel better than the original screen and light years better than any plastic film i've ever used.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.