Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

.Pete.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2012
This may be a basic question, but I´m having trouble editing a chart in pages. By default, the x axis seems to be stuck at the bottom of the chart, but I want it to be in the position of the red line on the image below. I´m sure its just me missing something obvious, but can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 12.22.54.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-05 at 12.22.54.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 72

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
This may be a basic question, but I´m having trouble editing a chart in pages. By default, the x axis seems to be stuck at the bottom of the chart, but I want it to be in the position of the red line on the image below. I´m sure its just me missing something obvious, but can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Essentially, you cannot put data below the X-Axis so you must make all data have points at least 0 on the Y-Axis. The X-Axis will always go as low as the lowest point on the Y-Axis.

Try deleting the data points (0,-4) and (-2, 1.25). The X-Axis should adjust appropriately to put it on the 0 point on the Y-Axis.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.