Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
There's a new tweak called OkSiri that just came out in the BigBoss repo (and is free). You set it up using Activator. They recommend you use the AC power connect/disconnect.

It works even when the device's screen is off.

Pretty cool. I have my keyword setup as just "Siri", and I can be typing on my MacBook Pro, say SIRI, wait for it to pop up a second and then SET MY ALARM FOR 6AM! :D

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
There's a new tweak called OkSiri that just came out in the BigBoss repo (and is free). You set it up using Activator. They recommend you use the AC power connect/disconnect.

It works even when the device's screen is off.

Pretty cool. I have my keyword setup as just "Siri", and I can be typing on my MacBook Pro, say SIRI, wait for it to pop up a second and then SET MY ALARM FOR 6AM! :D
Sounds a lot like Hands-Free Control, except that OKSiri is iOS7 and free.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It's not working for me. Not sure if I'm doing somthing wrong or what.

How are you setting it up? If you're doing it the power way, you only set one. either connected, or disconnected. Otherwise if you do both, it will deactivate.

It won't activate until you either unplug or plug in the phone for the first time.

It's weird, yeah.

And you don't set an action to the phrase. (But it's still listed in Activator)

You'll know it's on because you'll see a microphone icon by your battery percentage.

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
How are you setting it up? If you're doing it the power way, you only set one. either connected, or disconnected. Otherwise if you do both, it will deactivate.

It won't activate until you either unplug or plug in the phone for the first time.

It's weird, yeah.

And you don't set an action to the phrase. (But it's still listed in Activator)

You'll know it's on because you'll see a microphone icon by your battery percentage.

Well i plugged and unplugged it and that didn't do anything. Im a little confused about the first part of your post tho.

djkasmic

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2014
After installing OKSiri on my iPhone 5s on 7.0.6 and respring, it gets into Safe Mode while charging.

Any idea?

Last edited:

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
After installing OKSiri on my iPhone 5s on 7.0.6 and respring, it gets into Safe Mode while charging.

Any idea?
Do you have any other Activator settings set to charge/uncharge? Because most of the time a safe mode crash at an activator entry is caused by different actions using the same command in activator. If that's the case delete the others or assign another action to them. An example of a tweak that could conflict is the one that gives you info about your battery status as soon as you plug in/unplug.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Thanks for the heads up on this, i have it working.

I found that i had to set it up backwards from what made sense to me, the way I read the setting in Activator the way i have it set up should be turning OKSiri on when i plug it in.

But when i set it up the other way OkSiri turned on when i plugged it in so I just reversed that way i had it and now it works. OKSiri turns on when I unplug the power.

And you don't set an action to the phrase. (But it's still listed in Activator).

This also was where I made a mistake, I set an action under the OKSiri section on Activator. I removed this action and all is good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.