Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
this one has me puzzled. EVERYTHING else works; youtube, vimeo, network news...

netflix, amazon on demand, vudu...all fine.

the ONLY videos that never finish loading (and so, never play) are yahoo videos. i'm even logged in to my account. and adobe flash says it's up to date.

this is all i ever see, a spinning icon... anyone else? any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 10.43.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-05-01 at 10.43.50 PM.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 861

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I have a similar problem here, youtube videos play on youtube's site but not here on MacRumors.

Do you have plugins enabled, for instance clicktoflash or clicktoplugin in Safari, they might be responsible for this.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I have a similar problem here, youtube videos play on youtube's site but not here on MacRumors.

Do you have plugins enabled, for instance clicktoflash or clicktoplugin in Safari, they might be responsible for this.

neither one... and weird, yahoo is the ONLY site i've encountered where videos won't play...

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Do you have the Safari plugin Adbock or something along that line? Try going into Safari, turn off Safari's plugins, clear my Internet cache and then the Yahoo videos would play.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Do you have the Safari plugin Adbock or something along that line? Try going into Safari, turn off Safari's plugins, clear my Internet cache and then the Yahoo videos would play.

thanx, that did it!! now i know what to do2watch those videos... :D
(disabled Adblock...)

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
thanx, that did it!! now i know what to do2watch those videos... :D
(disabled Adblock...)

I told you before about plugins, I just gave you two examples but there are more.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
No worries, just wanted to point out I told you about plugins, I gave only two examples but there are more than those.

Not here to get any thanks, it is my pleasure to help out people.:)

seriously, i appreciate it. i tried disabling some plugins (like adblock) originally, but the problem didn't go away until i also emptied the cache.. :)

Patrick DC

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2014
This worked!

Thanks, I had the same problem and this worked. I would add that the changes needed are found in Safari Preferences: under "Security" you can un-click "enable plug-ins"; under "Privacy" you can "remove all website data" (don't know if this is necessary though); and in the main Safari menu you will find "empty cache."

Tommy4416

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2019
Thanks very much for your insight! I un-installed AD Blocker and everything works fine now! Why would I not be warned about this prior to initially installing Ad Blocker. Very Frustrating, and I even had a chat with Apple support for over an hour and they could not help! Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.