Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

11j11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
Hello,

I left my computer on last night when I went to sleep.

This morning I woke up to my cat clicking my mouse (adorable I know).

I couldn't get the mac to respond in morning. There was a mouse cursor but just a black screen.

I tried pressing a few different buttons but nothing worked. So, I had to hold down the power button and turn it back on that way.

I'm worried that some files could have been moved by her clicking etc, and want to see if they have been. Is there anyway to check the finder history/finder undo history to see if anything occured between the hours I was sleeping and when I woke up? Like you look at browser history?

I know (I think I know anyway) that any serious damage couldn't be done as important files in certain positions need a password to be moved, and I could check the trash to see if anything has been deleted, but, I just want to make sure that nothing I'm going to be lost looking for for ages down the line, has been moved.

Obviously the sooner someone can get back to me the better, as, the longer I wait the less likely a potential fix will be.

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.