Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

budmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
I purchased a Zagg Apple iPad Air (Smudge) Screen Protector for my iPad Air back in Feb and now the screen discoloration is horrible, it turned yellow. Zagg will send a replacement to me for free just S&H, $3.99. It also lists some other protectors at discounted prices, ex: Apple iPad Air (Full Body) for just $10.

Two questions.
-Does that list mean I can order the Full Body screen protector even though that isn't the that protector I currently have that is damaged?
- Is Full Body really necessary, I mean does anyone here really need a protector for the back of the iPad. Mine is mostly in the case 95% of time as my son uses it the most.

Thanks.

markbravo2014

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2014
I purchased a Zagg Apple iPad Air (Smudge) Screen Protector for my iPad Air back in Feb and now the screen discoloration is horrible, it turned yellow. Zagg will send a replacement to me for free just S&H, $3.99. It also lists some other protectors at discounted prices, ex: Apple iPad Air (Full Body) for just $10.

Two questions.
-Does that list mean I can order the Full Body screen protector even though that isn't the that protector I currently have that is damaged?
- Is Full Body really necessary, I mean does anyone here really need a protector for the back of the iPad. Mine is mostly in the case 95% of time as my son uses it the most.

Thanks.

Let me get this straight, you are still going to use the same screen protector. I think you should change brands because you will probably get the same results with your new screen protector too. My suggestion - learn from your mistake and find a new protector. I found one in ebay six months ago and I haven't looked back. The brand I use is "Gearmaxx" and it is really easy to install and looks great too. But there are many brands out there that you can choose from. And I don't think you need a protector for your ipad's back if it is already inside a case. here is an ebay link for you.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/APPLE-iPad-...eReader_Screen_Protectors&hash=item2a337d3025

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.