Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Likely the last deal for this phone.

Link: http://www.androidauthority.com/tag/moto-x/

Motorola offering Moto X “try before you buy” program for June 8th, also adds 64GB option.

The Motorola Moto X+1 is due out sometime towards the end of the summer, but just because a successor is right around the corner doesn’t mean the original Moto X isn’t still worth picking up.

In an effort to attract more customers, Motorola is offering the opportunity to customize a Moto X to your liking using the Moto Maker on June 8th — while supplies last. They’ll then ship the phone out to you and give you 2 weeks to try out the phone, charging just $.01 up-front for the honor. Obviously if you like the phone you customized, you can keep it, pay the full price and you’ll even get 30% off on accessories. If you decide you don’t want to buy it, you simply return the phone when the time is up and you owe nothing else.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
Yeah, I was just reading about this. [After all the fuss I made] I'm debating if I should cancel my order from yesterday and do this deal. A 64GB phone would be perfect for me. I know the X+1 is right around the corner, but I probably won't pick it up until Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
I just did my order for the 64GB GSM unlocked version. You have to sign up to get the $0.01 offer, like how it was for the Black Friday sale. Also, the 64GB version isn't available on Verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.