Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
I have held back from theming the LS on iOS7 because when I last installed a theme I used Groovylock and I got sick of the springboard crashes and battery drain.

I did try Cydget briefly too. What about LockHTML3?

Is there any better options available now?

Thanks.

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
I have held back from theming the LS on iOS7 because when I last installed a theme I used Groovylock and I got sick of the springboard crashes and battery drain.

I did try Cydget briefly too. What about LockHTML3?

Is there any better options available now?

Thanks.
Did you try JellyLock for iOS 7? I absolutely love it.
That + LockInfo7 makes my LS perfect.

iMacBooked

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2013
4 8 15 16 23 42 ✈
Yeah I use Jellylock and I really like it. I'm talking more like adding different clocks and weather etc to the LS.
Hmm I only know of Cydget, but since you already tried it.. Well I had a bad experience with Cydget either, and stopped thinking about putting widgets on the LS as it only drained my battery faster. Now I use LockInfo7 above the JellyLock, and it makes the weather appear very nicely, and I can change my regular clock size by changing settings in Springtomize 3.

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
Hmm I only know of Cydget, but since you already tried it.. Well I had a bad experience with Cydget either, and stopped thinking about putting widgets on the LS as it only drained my battery faster. Now I use LockInfo7 above the JellyLock, and it makes the weather appear very nicely, and I can change my regular clock size by changing settings in Springtomize 3.

I might install LockInfo7 and see how that is. Thanks.

Sital

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2012
New England
LockHTML3 works well for me. There's also Convergance and LockBuilderEvo, but I haven't tried either of those. One thing I found with the LS is not to use any animations in the widgets because I will get safemode crashes (due to the Webview bug). Others seem to be able to have some animations without issue (or they live with the occasional safemodes).

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Sep 2, 2013
I'm in the same boat as you. Both of those caused my iPhone to go into safe mode all the time.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I use Groovylock and experience no crashes at all. I do like Forecast as well if you just want the weather and time.

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
A user on reddit suggested JellyLockClock7. I installed it and really like it. I never knew it had so many different options now to change the clock etc.

I think it looks better than the default clock anyway.

obxSQfJ.png

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
A user on reddit suggested JellyLockClock7. I installed it and really like it. I never knew it had so many different options now to change the clock etc.

I think it looks better than the default clock anyway.

Off topic, but can you share your status bar icons? Thanks :3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.