Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 25, 2012
Looking for one for my imac. Hooking up an external ssd to tb. Only need either half or 1m. Any help?

vjicecool

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
I am looking for same
have you looked in ebay buddy
Also is there any diff in 2.0 and the older version of cable

COrocket

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2012
Unfortunately Thunderbolt cables use electronic boards within the connectors, which has prevented third party manufacturers from making cables for just a few dollars, like what is common with USB. Your best bet is to find a spare one that someone is selling on eBay or somewhere else used.

There is no difference between thunderbolt I and II cables. Thunderbolt II adds the ability to combine the two 10 Gb/s lanes into a single 20 Gb/s lane.

vjicecool

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2010
Unfortunately Thunderbolt cables use electronic boards within the connectors, which has prevented third party manufacturers from making cables for just a few dollars, like what is common with USB. Your best bet is to find a spare one that someone is selling on eBay or somewhere else used.

There is no difference between thunderbolt I and II cables. Thunderbolt II adds the ability to combine the two 10 Gb/s lanes into a single 20 Gb/s lane.

thanks man

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.