Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I was playing Civ 5 this week…. and all was conventional until my Islamic Egyptian Empire generated its first Great Merchant (during the Medieval Era). :D

P.S. — he generated tons of gold for my empire during his trade mission. TONS!

Attachments

• Civ5 Great Merchant.jpg
    Civ5 Great Merchant.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 711

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
You can name your merchants? That name is hilarious!

Nope!

The hilarious part is that I did NOT name my Great Merchant. The game randomly picked it for me. Just like the game picks legendary or historical names like Albert Einstein (Great Scientist) or Duke of Wellington (Great General).

In this case… the first Great Merchant I received was named Steve Jobs.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I wonder if there's a higher chance of getting Steve Jobs if you're playing on a Mac...or if Aspyr added the name when porting it.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
I wonder if there's a higher chance of getting Steve Jobs if you're playing on a Mac...or if Aspyr added the name when porting it.

Quite possible that Aspyr added his name into the Mac version port, true. I'm playing on a 2012 iMac.

I have not yet seen Bill Gates, although I have seen "Great People" names such as Henry Ford, Patton, Prinz Eugene of Savoy, Sun Tzu, Salvador Dahli, as well as many other obscure artists/poets/musicians of European origin that I had never heard of.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.