Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mavericks.png
Apple today seeded build 13E16 of OS X 10.9.4 to developers, approximately two weeks after releasing the first OS X 10.9.4 beta and almost a month after the public release of OS X 10.9.3, which included enhanced support for 4K displays and syncing improvements.

The beta is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store as well as through the Mac Dev Center.

It remains unclear what improvements the 10.9.4 update will bring to Mavericks, but it is likely to include bug fixes and stability enhancements. Apple is asking developers to focus on Graphics Drivers, Bluetooth, Audio Drivers, Finder, App Store, and Safari.

Apple has also seeded Safari 6.1.5 and OS X Server 3.2 to developers.

Article Link: Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.4 Build 13E16 to Developers

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
I don't suppose 10.9.4 would help with the migration path, for example Items from iOS7/OSX10.9 in iCloud are not all accessible in iOS8/OSX10.10 and vice versa.
Its hard to know. It's unclear at this point if 8/10.10 iCloud files will be visible to older systems in the final release. I suspect they will or there will be very loud whining from people whose devices don't support the latest release such as iPhone 4 owners who might have a Mac running 10.10. However, every Mac that runs 10.9 also runs 10.10, so I see no reason why compatibility would require an update to 10.9. It's more iOS 7 and 10.6/7 users that will be in trouble if their devices aren't upgradable.

mediotanque

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2013
Uruguay
I wish Apple keep releasing updates for Mavericks as they did with older OS X systems such as Snow Leopard.
I'm not installing Yosemite anytime soon, Mavericks just rocks.

proline

macrumors 6502a
Nov 18, 2012
I wish Apple keep releasing updates for Mavericks as they did with older OS X systems such as Snow Leopard.
LOL. Yosemite is an update to Mavericks- it is free and runs on the same machines. Like all updates, it fixes some bugs, introduces some bugs (hopefully less), and adds the odd feature. I don't get some people's fragile psychological states. If Apple calls it 10.9.5 you will run it but if it is 10.10 then you're scared? What if they call it 10.9.10? Or is it the fact that they made changes to the skin of it that is so scary?

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
What makes you think this isn't what they mean..?

No I'm just happy. I like to see graphics drivers being updated lol.

----------

LOL. Yosemite is an update to Mavericks- it is free and runs on the same machines. Like all updates, it fixes some bugs, introduces some bugs (hopefully less), and adds the odd feature. I don't get some people's fragile psychological states. If Apple calls it 10.9.5 you will run it but if it is 10.10 then you're scared? What if they call it 10.9.10? Or is it the fact that they made changes to the skin of it that is so scary?
Very true.

----------

Very true.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Direct links for the delta and combo are finally in apple's developer forums now.

It took me much longer than usual to do this today because all I had with me all day was an iPad with iOS 8. And select/copy/paste wasn't working properly in safari in that, and trying other browsers on the iPad didn't work either.

It was very frustrating that although I was able to use the iPad to make the links, I had no way of putting them up on apple's forums - until much later I was able to use (of all things) a windows pc to upload the links!

That's terrible! A windows pc succeeding where the iPad failed! Don't get me wrong here, I don't actually blame the iPad. I think it was iOS 8 that was the culprit.

Has anyone else had trouble doing select/copy/paste in iOS 8?

It ruined my day. But what ruined it even more was that I ended up using a windows pc to upload links to apple for a mavericks beta!

Last edited:

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK

Why on earth would you do that? You need to change your mentality.

Sure, certainly give it a week or two before installing Yosemite, but it should be treated like any other OS X update.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
Sound seems to have disappeared with this beta.

Did anyone else here have sound disappear?

Sonic

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2006
please let Firewire audio work properly again. still on Snow Leopard for this reason

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
The Open GL bug that was introduced with 10.9.3 is fixed, at least for me.

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009

LOL. You have no idea whether or not Yosemite is "an update to Mavericks.' It could be redesigned from the ground up. It could be radically different, the way 10.4.10 was to 10.4.9, and all the other OSes were.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

And no, they couldn't call it 10.9.5, else they'd have to call it a bugfix update for Mavericks.

Please stop talking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.