Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I've only had my rMBP for a couple of days. I charged it up and let it run down to 10% for my first cycle. I've just charged it back up again but its showing me that I only have 5 hours left. Is this normal? Does it take a few charges to get closer to 8-9 hours?

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I've only had my rMBP for a couple of days. I charged it up and let it run down to 10% for my first cycle. I've just charged it back up again but its showing me that I only have 5 hours left. Is this normal? Does it take a few charges to get closer to 8-9 hours?

Keep in mind that the estimates are using Wi-Fi at half brightness on non-resource consuming pages. In my case, the battery life did increase a little from when I first began using my MacBook.

What are you doing on the machine?

Mcguyver

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2014

I strongly suggest that you check with the Apple staff since you have just bought it and assuming you bought it new from Apple. If it is new set I think something is not right but if it was a pre own set then check on the battery cycle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.