Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple's iTunes Store and App Store appear to be down for many users on both iOS devices and desktops, with attempts to access the stores resulting in one of several error messages such as "Cannot Connect to App Store" and "The item you've requested is not currently available in the U.S. store."

Issues seem to have begun this morning, as several users noted an inability to download the Skype app following its release. Some users attempting to download the app received a message indicating the app was no longer available for download.

appstoredown.jpg
The iTunes Store does not appear to be loading content for affected users, with the Music, Movies, TV Shows Books, App Store, and Podcasts section of iTunes all giving error messages. Search remains functional on the desktop, however.

For the App Store, some users are having trouble loading multiple sections, including Featured, Top Charts, and Near Me, while other users are able to access certain sections like Top Charts. The Purchased and Update tabs appear functional, with the Purchased tab able to download apps. Search is down on the App Store on iOS devices.

The Apple TV also appears to be experiencing issues, with the Movies and TV sections missing and inaccessible.

Apple's System Status page is not currently reporting any outages.

Update 2:00 PM PT: Apple says that the iTunes and App Store outage has been resolved.

Article Link: App Store and iTunes Store Currently Down for Some Users [Updated]

pdaholic

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2011
This happened yesterday when I was updating my Viatube app. I just waited a little while, and was able to download the app.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Can confirm this behavior on iOS (never happened to me before this). The message is immediate without any obvious issues as if the server itself is down (i.e., loading...loading...loading...).

I wonder what it could mean.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Apple online store goes down and everyone gets excited. Why all the backlash?

Because the Apple store tends to go down when they have minor/major product updates (the iMac is expected to get a bump in processor speed), while the iTunes Store updates tend to happen on-the-fly (no interruptions in service).

debkek

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2014
My AppleTV has all 3rd party apps on it and some Apple apps, but Movies and TV Shows have disappeared. I can access the App store from my iPhone, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.