Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has released a new video on its YouTube channel depicting employees preparing for the grand opening of the new Omotesando, Tokyo Apple Store. Employees can be seen stocking, setting up displays and putting up advertisements around the new store, offering a look at how Apple prepares its retail stores.

The new store features a "green curtain" of vines and plants on the side to help with climate control, continuing Apple's goal of lowering its carbon footprint. If successful, the new store design could be adopted for future stores.

The Omotesando store is set to open June 13.

Article Link: Apple Releases Video Showing Preparation for Newest Japan Store

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
The stores are getting bigger and better, my local stores (Birmingham and Solihull) are tiny. I actually think Solihull must be one of the smallest out of all of them.

rikscha

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2010
London
Busy discussing final details ;-)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 181

Roniniku

Suspended
Apr 4, 2008
Japan
Horrible location...

Yet another store in central Tokyo...yet nothing elsewhere...including in the biggest mall in Japan. Hopefully they drop about 50 more stores around the country. Apple's operations in Japan are a joke. Horrible service and even worse AppleCare. EVERY device sent in came back scratched...found out everything was being service at a local camera shop...including my Mac Pro. Apple doesn't even have an education program here to liaise with schools and contracts that out too...to a company that also promotes Samsung products...sweet. Until they get their **** straight here, their low customer satisfaction score in Japan will never improve.

flottenheimer

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2008
Up north
Very nice store!
Apple are still not getting enough credit for the retail innovation magic they have managed to pull off.

Still wishing for a store in Denmark.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Nice store; I like that staircase.

I'm sure Kishi Bashi is pleased that one of his songs made it onto an Apple video.

DragonJade

macrumors 6502
May 2, 2009
I went there this morning in mind to get myself a free T-shirt. I had a quick estimate/count of the number of people waiting to get in as I walked to the end of the queue, and it totalled around 500 people. I didn't fancy waiting an hour or two in the sun to get in. The queue went down the road, around the corner, and about a quarter of the way to Gaienmae station.

Drunken Master

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2011
Yet another store in central Tokyo...yet nothing elsewhere...including in the biggest mall in Japan. Hopefully they drop about 50 more stores around the country. Apple's operations in Japan are a joke. Horrible service and even worse AppleCare. EVERY device sent in came back scratched...found out everything was being service at a local camera shop...including my Mac Pro. Apple doesn't even have an education program here to liaise with schools and contracts that out too...to a company that also promotes Samsung products...sweet. Until they get their **** straight here, their low customer satisfaction score in Japan will never improve.

Nowhere else?

I've been to the one in Americamura in Osaka.

So, there's like one other store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.