Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killerbob

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 25, 2008
On my nMP I am connecting an ATD and an ACD, and I also connect a Sonnet Echo Express III-D box via TB. Hence I have these connected to TBs 3, 4, and 5 (busses 1, 2, and 0).

I also want to connect a LaCie TB SSD, and wonder which port to use??? I think port 1 or 2, as the Sonnet Box might actually utilise the bandwidth, and the ATD or the ACD won't.

Any suggestions?

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
On my nMP I am connecting an ATD and an ACD, and I also connect a Sonnet Echo Express III-D box via TB. Hence I have these connected to TBs 3, 4, and 5 (busses 1, 2, and 0).

I also want to connect a LaCie TB SSD, and wonder which port to use??? I think port 1 or 2, as the Sonnet Box might actually utilise the bandwidth, and the ATD or the ACD won't.

Any suggestions?

Assuming ATD = Apple Thunderbolt Display? If so, I would use the same bus as the ACD which isn't using any of the PCIe bandwidth on that controller unlike the other two. Assuming you don't have any heavy data consuming peripherals connected to your ATD, you could daisy-chain it off that or connect it directly to that bus as well without any issues. As you suggest, the only bus where it might be competing for bandwidth is the one with your Sonnet device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.