Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

There are some great deals on Apple-related accessories and services this week, as well as some decent discounts on the iPad mini and the 13 and 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro.

Beats Studio over-ear headphones can be purchased (in six colors) for $180 through Groupon, which is $89 off the price when purchased directly from Beats. Target is also offering 25 percent off Beats Music gift cards, dropping the $50 card to $37.50 and the $25 card to $18.75, essentially dropping the price of a yearly subscription from $99 to $75.

beatsheadphones.jpg
Speck's CandyShell Case for the iPad mini/Retina iPad mini can be purchased through Groupon for $14.99, a discount of $30. The iHealth Blood Pressure Monitor for iOS devices can also be purchased from Groupon for $30, a discount of $70.

ihealth.jpg
Best Buy is offering the 16GB non-Retina iPad mini for $199, a discount of $100 from the standard $299 price. It's available in both white and space gray. Best Buy is also offering a $25 iTunes gift card with the purchase of a $99 Apple TV.

retina_ipad_mini_space_gray_silver.jpg
The higher-end 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro with 256GB of storage and 8GB of RAM is available for $1,399 from Amazon, which is a $100 discount and one of the lowest prices we've seen on that configuration.

macbook_pro_13_15_late_2013.jpg
The lower-end 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage can be purchased for $1,849.99 from Amazon, Adorama, and B&H, a $150 discount. The higher-end Retina MacBook Pro with 512GB of storage and 16GB of RAM can be purchased for $2,449 from Amazon, Adorama, and B&H, also a discount of $150.

Customers in many states may find it preferable to order from Adorama or B&H, as these sites only charge sales tax in New York/New Jersey and New York, respectively.

Before making a purchase of a Mac or iOS device, make sure to consult our Buyer's Guide to find out if it's a good time to buy. For example, while there are some good deals to be had on the current iMac, our Buyer's Guide does not recommend a purchase at this time because an update is coming soon -- and prices will drop even lower.

MacRumors is an affiliate partner with some of these vendors.

Article Link: Buyer's Guide: Discounts on Retina MacBook Pro, iPad mini, Beats Headphones, and More

xFerrr

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2011
" Best Buy is also offering a $25 iTunes gift card with the purchase of a $99 Apple TV."

its happening...!

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Ugh why spend $180 on the outdated Beats Studio when you can get the Audio-Technica M50x for the same price. Do yourself a favor.

Not Stylish enough for you? No active noise-cancellation? You can get the Logitech UE6000 for next to nothing now that they've been sadly discontinued. They put the old Studios to shame. You're welcome.

Last edited:

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
Macrumors disagrees. It is them starting the fires.

They’re just covering all the news. I’m not personally very interested in the reports of developer beta releases, but I don’t begrudge the people that want to see that kind of news. If people want to argue about it, that’s on them, not Macrumors.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
They’re just covering all the news. I’m not personally very interested in the reports of developer beta releases, but I don’t begrudge the people that want to see that kind of news. If people want to argue about it, that’s on them, not Macrumors.

I don't see all the stuff that has been pushed about Beats here as "just covering the news".

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
  1. You can use them with a Mac
  2. They are pretty big discounts
  3. Apple owns Beats now
  4. iPads aren't Macs either

1. Headphones are not specific to Macs.
  2. Yes, but headphones are still irrelevant to MacRumors IMO
  3. Until Apple adds microprocessors or microcontrollers in them, they're still not computers. An iPod shuffle is more advanced and more relevant.
  4. iPads may not have x86 CPUs or be OS X compatible, but they still are computers.

edit: unless Arn wants to see flame wars every day, I suggest a site-wide poll with registered users, always at the top to be sure everyone sees it.

Keep the question really simple: "Do you want to see Beats-related news and rumors?"

Keep the choices clear: "Yes" and "No"

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
  1. Headphones are not specific to Macs.
  2. Yes, but headphones are still irrelevant to MacRumors IMO
  3. Until Apple adds microprocessors or microcontrollers in them, they're still not computers. An iPod shuffle is more advanced and more relevant.
  4. iPads may not have x86 CPUs or be OS X compatible, but they still are computers.

edit: unless Arn wants to see flame wars every day, I suggest a site-wide poll with registered users, always at the top to be sure everyone sees it.

Keep the question really simple: "Do you want to see Beats-related news and rumors?"

Keep the choices clear: "Yes" and "No"

Let's throw in [random niche app of the week] and [X lawsuit Y] while we're at it.

wiz329

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
  1. You can use them with a Mac
  2. They are pretty big discounts
  3. Apple owns Beats now
  4. iPads aren't Macs either

1. There are are in infinite amount of accessories you can use with a mac
2. Oh look, there's an external drive almost 50% off MSRP on amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/Passport-Ultr...402707881&sr=8-1&keywords=external+hard+drive
3. Doesn't matter, they're still a distinct company and their products aren't designed or made my apple.
4. Yeah, but at least they're an Apple product. Beats is a distinct company owned by Apple. Beats headphones are still Beats headphones, not Apple headphones.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
1. There are are in infinite amount of accessories you can use with a mac
2. Oh look, there's an external drive almost 50% off MSRP on amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/Passport-Ultr...402707881&sr=8-1&keywords=external+hard+drive
3. Doesn't matter, they're still a distinct company and their products aren't designed or made my apple.
4. Yeah, but at least they're an Apple product. Beats is a distinct company owned by Apple. Beats headphones are still Beats headphones, not Apple headphones.

Then I'm going to have to fall back on...

5. Us raging gets MacRumors page views.
6. Arn actually sports a set of Beats.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Then I'm going to have to fall back on...

5. Us raging gets MacRumors page views.
6. Arn actually sports a set of Beats.

Spotlighting deals so people can save some money + additional revenue for the site you're using for free = everyone wins. The fact that people are arguing isn't making Arn money so it is irrelevant. I'm pretty sure that he's an audiophile anyway.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
Another thing: Apple sells Beats headphones in their stores. They did far before this Beats deal. They seem to be marketed as accessories to iPhones in the stores. I guess they're popular. I often see people walking out of the stores with Beats headphones, unfortunately.

----------

This is not true. Beats is now a subset of Apple. :(

jkubakom

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
Can anyone help me with obtaining student promo coupon to bestbuy for macbook pro? .edu domain address is enough to have te code

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.