Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avoidandroid

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
I just got my 5c replaced at Apple and it came with 7.0 version. Obviously I can't update it to 7.0.6 so I'm gonna stick with 7.0 and jailbreak it. I forget what were some the recomended cydia patches that I should install on 7.0? I recall something like SLPatch? Any others? TIA

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I just got my 5c replaced at Apple and it came with 7.0 version. Obviously I can't update it to 7.0.6 so I'm gonna stick with 7.0 and jailbreak it. I forget what were some the recomended cydia patches that I should install on 7.0? I recall something like SLPatch? Any others? TIA

AttachmentEncryptor and SSLPatch both courtesy of rpetrich :D

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
As far as i know, i could be wrong but these patches do not function when the phone is in safe mode, it's just worth noting. :)

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Installed these, and now NONE of my apps will open if they werent from cydia. basically nothing from the app store loads up.

Any fix??

0xyMoron

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
California
How often is a properly functioning jailbroken iOS device in Safe Mode?

Not every Jailbreaker is aware what a safe mode is. Some people use their phone while it's in safe mode without knowing how to get out of it, i know a few who do that. It's always worth noting that Cydia security fixes are just a band-aid, even the developers who make those fixes say so.

----------

And who will still use the phone to purchase stuff online or send and receive emails while their phone is running on safe mode?

You'd be surprised.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Not every Jailbreaker is aware what a safe mode is. Some people use their phone while it's in safe mode without knowing how to get out of it, i know a few who do that. It's always worth noting that Cydia security fixes are just a band-aid, even the developers who make those fixes say so.

MobileSubstrate makes it very clear as to what it is with a popup alert. If the end user is intelligent enough to search for "how to jailbreak iphone", they can certainly search for "fix iphone safe mode". Even though it may be a band-aid, some were never designed to be removed once applied. Stuff like this makes me miss the good old days when some Unix shell know how was required to be able to jailbreak iOS devices. It kept out those with sub-par intelligence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.