Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A growing number of complaints on Apple's Support forums suggest there is an ongoing problem with Apple's iTunes Match service. According to the posts in multiple threads, the service times out when users try to upload new tracks for matching by Apple's iTunes servers.

itunes-match-error.jpeg
"I've been using iTunes Match for about a year and a half and have started experiencing a new problem in the last couple of days. I've added a few new tracks to my library over the last couple of days and have attempted to "Update iTunes Match." However, the matching process is stalling out at the end. It looks like it's just about to finish but then it never does, " writes Apple Support forum member Ryan Hargrove.
The issue apparently began on June 9/10th and is still affecting users almost a week later. Various attempts to fix the issue by updating iTunes, restarting the computer and more were unsuccessful.
"This started today. It was working fine. I have deleted my entire library and I can't even get one song to go through. Thoughts? I've been working with this all day. I have uninstalled iTunes, downgraded iTunes, upgraded iTunes again. Finally, I erased all data...Libraries...playlist data, etc.. I'm extremely frustrated now. I had synced about 4,000 songs since September and it had been working fine," writes Apple Support forum member ExileAtkins.
Apple has not acknowledged the problem, with its System Status page still showing that all iTunes services are fully operational. Further tests by affected users and MacRumors staff suggest the problem may only involve tracks that are not included in Apple's iTunes library. These self-recordings and Indie music tracks appear to stall during the upload process, while recognized songs are matched without issue.

We have reached out to Apple for comment and are awaiting a reply. Since this problem is likely a server issue on Apple's side, affected users will have to wait until Apple addresses the issue internally.

(Thanks, David!)

Article Link: iTunes Match Users Experiencing Issues Uploading Tracks

wouwout

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
Sydney
o my dear iTunes. Once you were so easy to use. Now I just don't understand you anymore, I keep getting duplicate tracks and tracks with an exclamation mark (file lost). Such a pity. I will avoid you and have given my music love to Spotify.

Patriks7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2008
Vienna
I had issues with this already some days ago. Thought it was an issue with my internet connection. Hopefully they can get it fixed.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
This problem is older than June 10th...I have had issues with this for a while.

When iTunes Match works as it is supposed to it is amazing. However, track upload issues, album artwork missing, and duplicates have bugged the service from the outset.

Last edited:

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
Finally something on this issue, it has been driving me mad since the past 4-5 days. All my iTunes purchased songs are matched with no problems, but some of my 'indie' Indian songs get stuck at "matching your music with songs in the iTunes store'.

I have tried everything, but unable to make it work, hope Apple solves the problem soon, already been long :mad:

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
iTunes match is a mess. My biggest problem with it is when I try to download songs on my iOS devices and they get cut off after maybe 5 seconds...

I'm honestly thinking of stopping paying for a service that works half the time and going with Spotlfy.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I always had issues with iTunes Match. It rarely functioned and when it did, it gave me clean versions of my explicit tracks.

BriSpe

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
CH
I have the same issue since yesterday. Nothing is happening.
Thought it's just a temporary thing since yesterday.
But good to know I'm not alone with this

Lapidus

macrumors regular
May 14, 2012
Argh, last year iTunes Match completely messed up my play count, which was data collected from over 7 years, Really pissed me off.

Apple's cloud services would be so great if we could rely on them. Would love to use iCloud Drive, but probably stick with Dropbox for a while..

Last edited:

cjs703

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
I've lost at least several hours all ready trying to figure this out and have even checked their status page. It's disappointing that Apple is taking so long to fess up that there is a problem.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Best way of uploading tracks.

1.) Sign off iTunes.

2.) Turn Genius Off

3.) Close iTunes

4.) Open iTunes

5.) Sign in iTunes

6.) Turn Genius On

7.) Turn On iTunes Match

It's always been the solution I use for the past several months...

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Best way of uploading tracks.

1.) Sign off iTunes.

2.) Turn Genius Off

3.) Close iTunes

4.) Open iTunes

5.) Sign in iTunes

6.) Turn Genius On

7.) Turn On iTunes Match

It's always been the solution I use for the past several months...

It just works. You just need to go through a 7 step process to make it work every time :D

Really hope they get this fixed, I'm considering not renewing my account.

tuxon86

macrumors 65816
May 22, 2012
Don't know about match, but my main beef with iTunes is with sharing my collection with my iPad. The process hang about half way.

It used to work fine, but now it can't.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.