Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryansimmons323

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
United Kingdom
I thought it said this summer? It is still spring

I know, but I've read and heard people say they have already had invites.

A guy on Leo Laporte's 'The Tech Guy' called in on Saturday saying he was still getting Mavericks updates for his public preview copy of Yosemite.

And I'm sure there's a few people on here who have said they've got it.

I'll link to them if I find them again.

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff
Well, the build number is almost exactly right (minus the 'e'), but the issues/release notes don't seem to match up--in fact most of the stuff mentioned doesn't seem to appear in the actual release notes.On the other hand, the supposed release notes don't seem to match up at all and most of the stuff doesn't appear in the real ones. So there's still a disconnect somewhere.

Quite - but what are the chances of him guessing the correct build number? :confused:

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Well, the build number is almost exactly right (minus the 'e'), but the issues/release notes don't seem to match up--in fact most of the stuff mentioned doesn't seem to appear in the actual release notes.On the other hand, the supposed release notes don't seem to match up at all and most of the stuff doesn't appear in the real ones. So there's still a disconnect somewhere.

Apple's release notes are not really all-encompassing. In fact in my experience they barely scratch the surface, they just point out some of the major API changes. He might have been reffering to other changes that wouldn't show up in the release notes anyway.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Has anyone else gotten this when updating OTA:

"Software Updated Failed. An error occurred downloading iOS 8.0 beta 2."

Can't get past it. Every time I try to update, it happens. Tried restarting, no help.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Apple's release notes are not really all-encompassing. In fact in my experience they barely scratch the surface, they just point out some of the major API changes. He might have been reffering to other changes that wouldn't show up in the release notes anyway.
And those would be coming from somewhere right? If Apple lists the items they list in the release notes, and have a document with these other items that list pretty much similar things, why wouldn't that information be included in the release notes then? Still doesn't quite add up somehow.

In fact, release notes that were posted by the poster mention that FaceTime landscape orientation issues have been resolved, while the real release notes make it a point to mention that FaceTime not working properly in landscape mode is a known issue (meaning it wasn't fixed)...so there's a bigger disconnect there.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
I think if we see a couple or more new betas that are every other Tuesday--wed need at least about 3 data points to spot a pattern--then, yeah, that can be called a pattern.

You sound like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory.

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
Well I'll be damned - our 'source' had the build number right!:

"It's ready so look for it June 17th.

12A4297
Issues Fixed

AirDrop
- Improved AirDrop between OSX and iOS
- Fixed a problem where AirDrops would be declined unexpectedly

Much Much More"

I told you lol see we shouldn't have judged him so fast

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
What is the Trick on an Wifi iPad Air???

I had no issues with mine getting to update. Other than it is going VERY SLOW. Been going for 30 minutes or so now and it says 23 still remaining. Just be patient.. it is out and only a matter of time before its installed for us all.

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
Almost done does anyone have it fully installed? What do you notice about it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 116

spl19

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2014
hi there i have an iphone 5S on beta 1 and still it says that it is updated.Tried with LTE bust still the same..is there an y problem with my device or the udid registration?

thank you

ZeeDD

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2012
hi there i have an iphone 5S on beta 1 and still it says that it is updated.Tried with LTE bust still the same..is there an y problem with my device or the udid registration?

thank you

Same for me, and I'm a registered dev...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.