Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

expat42451

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
where my backpack is
bin90a

Thanks for the info about Oz-I agree that given the alternatives, they are good machines. Waiting to see what the owner says about a lower offer--

Riwam

Thanks very much for your history with the 5.1. User experience with these machines is valuable to know. Gracias y salads a Quito Ecuador, amigo.

All in all- and I think I stated this earlier or maybe not- given where I am and the alternatives, it seems to me that the quality of the hardware alone is better than anything I could build- the 5.1 8 core would certainly do what I need it to easily.

Regards to all. Waiting for word from the current owner..........

Expat

expat42451

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
where my backpack is
echoout

Will do. I am buying the machine for a coding project- its way overkill for that- plus as part of the project the machine may end up serving as a first server to go online. I can add drives and do a number of other things with it that I think would be more easily accomplished, for less money, than a nMP. Bear in mind, my knowledge of the nMP is strictly what I read. I ve never seen or used one so I am speaking from ignorance- however that having been said, I am more comfortable with a tower. For all of the nMP owners who may read this its not any criticism at all- simply where I am, with the budget I have and my experience building machines for many years, this seems the way to go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.