Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

panda123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2014
Ok guys trust me iv tried everything computer iTunes things stuff home and sleep just please is there a way a really good way fixing it please?? :apple::apple:

bmxracer

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2014
What generation is it? If it is the fifth generation with the lightning cable it is porbably the cable as I have gone through several myself. If you have the usb to wall charger adapter I would try that to see if it works. It charges faster this way any way. Hope this helps.

anaqvi786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2013
At iOS planet
This is probably an issue with the cable that you have. Your best bet is to go to the genius bar and get your cable checked out if you are in warranty and if so you can get a genuine new one for free. If you already tried a new cable, go to the genius bar anyways and then they could diagnose the problem with the connector if need be.

The genius bar can help if you are under warranty

AndreEm

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
First, try cleaning out the hole where the charger connects to the iPod. Use a wooden or plastic toothpick...or something that won't damage the connector leads. Dirt can collect in there and keep the charger tip and the inner leads from connecting.

My iPod would charge fine on some days, on others it wouldn't fully charge, then it just died. Took it to the guy at apple, he shined a flashlight down in the hole, cleaned the dirt out, and now it's working again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.