Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baruch

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
Bluetooth issues?

Has there been any indication that the bluetooth issues will be addressed anytime soon?

RobertMartens

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2002
Tokyo, Japan
Yeah thats awesome. I hope they look at the forums.

----------

The problem with the graph is I don't know how many devices were talking here. Remember in math they said EVERY graph needs to have the Y axis labeled?

Well sorry this isn't math class is it? it's journalism class and no they don't remember to label the axis in journalism class.

But you can scold then for using he word 'indeed' twice in one article. BORING!

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
Widgets and 3rd party keyboards is all I care about. Not really much more I would do with a jailbreak.

People will always find a way to JB because of something.. they just offer allot more than Apple could ever provide.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard Apple open's it it to provide for 3rd party keyboards, and all the other bells and whistles Android user have had for years, well..... users just will never be happy with what they have..

They want Apple to do it,and it's not gonna be the case.

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
This is a big reason why I keep coming back from android. The support you get isn't even comparable.

hagar

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2008
I hope it fixes the terrible battery life we have been experiencing with our iPhone 4 and 4S since upgrading to iOS 7.1.1. Even a clean install does not prevent our devices from draining while in Airplane mode.

Usage time before running out: 2,5 hours. :confused:

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
Does iOS 8 take away your reason(s) for jailbreaking?

No, it actually doesn't take away any of them. I jailbreak only so I can switch my Safari user agent (sites keep making me download their apps), use an iOS 6 theme, disable the skip limit and ads in iTunes Radio, have a full terminal emulator at my disposal, download files, and in general be ready to install anything I want. Emulators are also nice. I never even considered third-party keyboards and widgets, mostly because those would be very invasive hacks that could slow my phone down, but I might use them in iOS 8.

I would only want to go without a jailbreak if I could at least get an iOS 6 theme and Safari user agent switching. The rest don't matter that much. Even with the cool new features of iOS 8, I'm going to wait for a jailbreak, which doubles as waiting for Apple to patch bugs in iOS 8.

Last edited:

babaroga73

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2014
No one is mentioning ...

Full Screen Caller Picture ?? Anyone ? Or is it not "that" important as freaking e-mail att. encryption or whatever...

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Well sorry this isn't math class is it? it's journalism class and no they don't remember to label the axis in journalism class.

But you can scold then for using he word 'indeed' twice in one article. BORING!

Well it doesn't really matter what class this is becuase I still don't know how many device's.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Full Screen Caller Picture ?? Anyone ? Or is it not "that" important as freaking e-mail att. encryption or whatever...
Of course it's less important than a security fix. That said they are just working on brining it back in iOS 8, so extremely unlikely they would bring it back in a small big fix release for iOS 7.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
I hope it fixes the terrible battery life we have been experiencing with our iPhone 4 and 4S since upgrading to iOS 7.1.1. Even a clean install does not prevent our devices from draining while in Airplane mode.

Usage time before running out: 2,5 hours. :confused:

I suspect you have other issues with your device, a setting, poor signal or some app causing this. Most everyone I know with a 4s myself included can get 4 to 5 hrs with normal use (call,text email etc) More if music and this is with over 2 yr old battery. So iOS itself is not causing it or every 4s out there would have the same issue and that just isnt the case. I suspect you wont see any difference with 7.1.2 either unless you find the inherent issues that is causing the problem.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
To iPhone/iPad.

Well I'm downloading iTunes bought movie to my iPhone 5 on 7.1.1 it's working quicker than iTunes download.. :eek:

iTunes > more @ the bottom> Purchased> movies> hit the cloud link to download.

or open videos via search then look @ the videos that are available via iCloud - with the cloud icon in bottom right of the movie poster..

Last edited:

man3ster

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
Managing music in iOS 7 sucks.

Anyone else irked by the lack of love given to the Music app. Why can I not swipe to remove a entire album from my iPhone? Does Apple think that swiping the album and getting the option to delete is not a elegant solution enough? Instead we have to swipe through individual tracks repeatedly? Fix this fundamental problem and put a smile back on the faces of your consumers. This also applies to the Photo app. Allow mass deletion of albums. This is what Apple use to be good at, making the user experience hassle free. Lately things have been difficult. Yes I know I can use iTunes to manage my iPhone, but sometimes you just want to free up some space on your device while away from your computer and delete some music. While I am ranting, iTunes cannot detect my Aperture library, so I cannot sync my photos! I am not the only person having this problem. I have read plenty of forums and others are having the exact same problem with no solution to it. Lets get back to "It Just Works". I know Apple wants everyone to start using the cloud for most of there services, that is all fine and good, but for those who opt to use the former way of syncing, give us our seamless experience back. Thanks.

--Fix these issues for those of us on a iPhone 4 that will be stuck on iOS 7. And people reading this, don't tell me to buy new hardware. The iPhone 4 is perfectly capably of making the minor adjustments to the OS that I mentioned above.

HKZ/MST3K

macrumors regular
May 6, 2011
It would be nice if they would fix the horrendous iTunes syncing bug. I'm deathly afraid to plug my 5S and sync anything because it takes forever, and then I can't download anything from the AppStore afterwards. The only way to fix the AppStore problem is use something like iExplorer and clear out the media/downloads folder and then restart the phone. iTunes has been a complete failure with iOS 7 in my experience and has lead me to stay completely away from using iTunes for any purpose whatsoever. I'm even afraid to try and sync music that I buy from Amazon because the success rate of syncing anything to and from my iPhone is roughly 10%. That's unacceptable and I hope they finally fix this issue (among others) in a new version of iTunes and iOS 8. As it stands right now the downward spiral of iTunes being a horrible piece of software continues.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England

You'll have to wait until iOS 8 I'm afraid. At least it's back though.

And anyway, changing the size of the caller ID photos is nowhere near as important as encrypting emails. Not sure what you're getting at there.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Hope my battery life goes back to how it was before 7.1.1. Seems like most peoples battery life got better but mine was cut in half

Mantissa88

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2014
Seriously?? 5 hours?

Hope my battery life goes back to how it was before 7.1.1. Seems like most peoples battery life got better but mine was cut in half

I am not a super-always-on-my-phone guy. In fact, my iPhone4 is often left untouched for hours, cus you know, I work somewhere. But since updating, I have to charge my phone TWICE a day. I leave it over night and it chews up 20%. It USED to power down at 2%, now it dies at 10% once at 15%.

But since I updated, calendar and contacts plow though data, the battery life is crap, and I get these long input lags where no input is recognised...

I experience similar, though less marked, battery drain on my iPad mini (1g). I could read Kindle, and PDFs for ages, and lose a fraction of what i lose now in a couple of hours. This particularly sucks, because I am going on a long sailing trip and planned on using my phone and ipad to keep myself from going nuts, and now, if i have to recharge my tablet daily, I might get to read once or twice a week (electricity is at a premium when you're crossing the Atlantic Ocean before you find and outlet again).

I REALLY hope there is some quiet update that they aren't talking about cuz since they are killing support for Iphone4 in iOS8, well, then I'm just SOL aren't I?

arkoh

macrumors member
May 24, 2009
Copenhagen
What about the pathetic search issue in mail!??? Is that being addressed!??

I am SICK and tired of duplicates and the hopeless mess of the order mails are listed in, in a search!!! It's been like this for TOO LONG! Make it go away... NOW!!!

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2013
No, it actually doesn't take away any of them. I jailbreak only so I can switch my Safari user agent (sites keep making me download their apps), use an iOS 6 theme, disable the skip limit and ads in iTunes Radio, have a full terminal emulator at my disposal, download files, and in general be ready to install anything I want. Emulators are also nice. I never even considered third-party keyboards and widgets, mostly because those would be very invasive hacks that could slow my phone down, but I might use them in iOS 8.

All that is possible with a jailbreak?

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
All that is possible with a jailbreak?

Yes, and these are the least invasive and easiest to use of the jailbreak tweaks. Some of them radically change the OS. The iOS 6 theme isn't system-wide, though. It just changes the stock app icons and Dock appearance. Makes a big difference for me.

oliversl

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2007
Is there a bug in the unified Inbox view? I can not see all mails from 1 account for example in that view

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.