Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CH12671

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2013
Southern US
Well, you were asking as if you were going to purchase from that ad. Just wanted to make sure you realized you would be buying a used monitor, and not a NEW one which is what Amazon advertises for 235. Pretty simple, really. But if you can't understand it, then it's cool

bigpoppamac31

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
Canada
Well, you were asking as if you were going to purchase from that ad. Just wanted to make sure you realized you would be buying a used monitor, and not a NEW one which is what Amazon advertises for 235. Pretty simple, really. But if you can't understand it, then it's cool

I know it's a used monitor. But I got the implication by your reply that because it was used it would not be very good. I figured that if it was really good monitor then $85 compared to $235 would be a steal.

blesscheese

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Central CA
I'm using that monitor right now. It is fantastic. BRIGHT! Since it is on IPS monitor, viewing at an angle is great. As you point out, there is no HDMI port, but not to worry, Amazon has a cheap HDMI to DVI adapter (which is how I have my Wii U hooked up to it).

Anyway, no problems with it; I've run both my Mac Pro and Mini on it (as well as an Asus laptop). I also run my SuperMac S900 and Quadra 700 in it, etc.

Just be aware, the Display port adapter is a full-size port, and not the mini, so I bought a mini-Display port to Display port adaptor for my Macs.

HenryAZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
South Congress AZ

I have that U2412M, as well. It is a fine monitor, but an older member of their lineup. This means a USB 2.0 hub and no display port 1.2 support. On the other hand, I much prefer their on screen menu controls to what they use on the newer models, and the price is better because it is an older model.

I use it with a mini displayport to displayport cable, as a second monitor on a nMP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.