Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AaronLUFC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm having some trouble with my 4s battery.

It'll be on 100% with no apps open etc and randomly jump to 80% etc, just huge drops down. Just now I was on 57%, opened Facebook and within seconds was on 16%. My iPhone will also turn off at random points under about 60% saying low battery. I plug it in and the battery is in fact still at the same point it was before it switched off.

This is not just me, I can count 6 or 7 friends with the same problem. It's very annoying and was wondering if there is any solutions. I've tried things like keeping apps closed, location settings etc. Not good when you're waiting on a call and it randomly turns off for absolutely no reason.

nnacrumors

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2014
I'm sure if you made a genius appointment they would tell you the following:

1. Do a fresh restore (and NOT from a back up)

And if that didn't work...

2. Get a battery replacement

Good luck.

AaronLUFC

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2014
United Kingdom
Hi, does getting an official battery as a replacement matter too much? Got a load of Amazon vouchers I could use to get an unofficial. Seems Apple are charging £55 which is ridiculous.

Thanks.

nnacrumors

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2014

Noufal

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2014
4s battery issues

Hi ,please go settings and usage if the usage and stand by time same then restore your iphone with itunes....if its not same , change the battery....there is lot of people changing batteries for 30 euros

taptic

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2012
California
As far as unofficial batteries go, I've bought quite a few from various sellers and they've all worked fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.