Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
But given Apple's moves with Logic X and the years of ignoring the Mac Pro, I don't think they really care about professional or artistic markets beyond the 8th grader painting with his finger or playing with pre-made beats in Garage Band.

I would address all the points in your initial rant, but regrettably there aren't enough hours in the day.

Logic X is great. Much easier UI, much faster to load up, and all around a huge step up from Logic 9. Sure there were some teething problems early on, just as there was with FCPX, but it's much better now.

Out of interest, do you actually use the programs you disparage, or just enjoy recycling other people's complaints of "Apple is doomed"?

toke lahti

macrumors 68040
Apr 23, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
Brush. lag. brush lag. brush lag. brush lag. brush lag.
To remove the lag, app should use wired connection to computer.

Explanation why they haven't removed the lag:
http://www.avatron.com/support/faq-air-display/
"In order for iOS apps like Air Display to access the USB connector, its developer must be part of Apple’s Made for iPod/iPhone/iPad (MFi) program. As Avatron is not a hardware shop, we are not eligible for this program and therefore cannot support USB."

And workaround:
http://hijinksinc.com/2010/06/01/use-air-display-over-a-usb-cable/

Maybe Avatron will get in that MFi program when they grow big enough. Maybe not. Maybe wireless connection will be lag-less in same time, let's say in 5 years...

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
I would address all the points in your initial rant, but regrettably there aren't enough hours in the day.

Logic X is great.

Actually, I mistyped; I meant Final Cut X. I liked Logic Pro 9 as it was, even.

Out of interest, do you actually use the programs you disparage, or just enjoy recycling other people's complaints of "Apple is doomed"?

I made an album that's available on iTunes, Amazon and elsewhere with Logic so yes, I do use it. Do you have a fit every time someone posts something you disagree with? Yeah, I think you do. :rolleyes:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Actually, I mistyped; I meant Final Cut X. I liked Logic Pro 9 as it was, even.

I made an album that's available on iTunes, Amazon and elsewhere with Logic so yes, I do use it. Do you have a fit every time someone posts something you disagree with? Yeah, I think you do. :rolleyes:

Not a fit, just hoping you could clarify your comments. :) Plus if you used Logic X to make an album it can't be as bad as LP9? ;)

randyj

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2004
Just bought this App and it is a pain.
Looks great in their video.

I tried using it with Aperture, and yes it does work, but the interface is made for a mouse. So to swap tools, and make minor adjustments, the trackpad/mouse is much faster.

Then how do you zoom in on the pic you want to adjust. Well pitch to zoom is wak, or doesn't work properly.
If you have the right tool selected AND you are zoomed into the right part of the image you want to adjust, the pressure sensitivity is OK. (I am using a Pogo Connect stylus).
Now how do I get my money back...

jrademan

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
Just bought this App and it is a pain.
Looks great in their video.

I tried using it with Aperture, and yes it does work, but the interface is made for a mouse. So to swap tools, and make minor adjustments, the trackpad/mouse is much faster.

Then how do you zoom in on the pic you want to adjust. Well pitch to zoom is wak, or doesn't work properly.
If you have the right tool selected AND you are zoomed into the right part of the image you want to adjust, the pressure sensitivity is OK. (I am using a Pogo Connect stylus).
Now how do I get my money back...

I purchased the app and the new Adonit Jot Touch with PixelPoint stylus. It took some getting used to. Tried the app with Photoshop CC 2014 on a 2009 MacPro and a iPad Air and it worked better than I expected.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I'm actually starting to think that this is a OS X problem, and not a wifi one.

I'm using TouchPad at the moment to type this up on OS X Leopard on my iMac G4 which I just transfered an AirPort Extreme card to recently. It works great, and I don't notice any lag. When I type or use the trackpad via my iPad, it's instant. So it's the only input I use with this machine.

On OS X Mavericks on my MacBook Pro however, it's a disaster. LAG, LAG, LAG, and more LAG. Unbearable to use, stuttery, and just bleurgh. Even on a fresh reinstall.

It doesn't make any sense. But it's probably a big reason on why Air Stylus is laggy.

magic popo

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2013
cool technics. I used Wacom tablets before.

Now I can directly paint on ipad using painting app such as Mybrushes, Art st udioto replace Wacom tablets.

rockwellsulcata

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
I know this thread is a couple months old, but I figured we all found out about adobe ink and slide.

Why not use ink and slide? Adobe is trying to bring illustrator and photoshop to the iPad and make it so you can send your projects to Illustrator CC and Photoshop CC so you can then take your work further on a computer.

I hope, maybe in the next 5 years, we will figure out how to put intense apps (like adobe flash pro, illustrator, photoshop, cinema 4D, etc.) on iPads or tablets in general so we can just work on those instead of computers. But won't that just replace computers? :( That would suck if we replaced computers.

Just my 2 cents.
Rockwell

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.