Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RiddlaBronc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
Mcallen Tx
When i have two websites (forums) opened and i am typing something into the reply box and i switch to the other site to verify info and then back to my typing, it refreshes and loses all my typing.

Is this ram related or what? With only two forums opened on safari? Frustrating..

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
That and how iOS browsers work in general. This is something that is in serious need of addressing.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hasnt the development of that browser been essentially abandoned for some time now?

It's a fully finished browser and since downloading this on my iPad Air I've had no refreshed tabs for a couple of months.

So one can keep using safari and risk having tabs re loading with few tabs open or use an "abandoned" browser and have none.

Beauty of choice.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
It's not an all-in-one finished browser then.

Nope and neither is safari unfortunately.

We are discussing tab refreshing here and as such as my usage dictates I no longer have this issue on my iPad Air using atomic browser.

As long as your getting the experience you want using whichever browser then that's all that is important.

Happy days.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Nope and neither is safari unfortunately.

We are discussing tab refreshing here and as such as my usage dictates I no longer have this issue on my iPad Air using atomic browser.

As long as your getting the experience you want using whichever browser then that's all that is important.

Happy days.

I agree with you but that is a solution to a problem that should not exist. Safari integrates so well via iCloud and across the rest of my devices I hate to use anything else.

And while it might not be as feature packed as some other browsers it does what I need very well. I'm left calling this refreshing issue a flaw/bug regardless of programming.

Just be nice if it didn't do it! Such is life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.