Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Does anyone know of some coating/leather protector to apply to avoid the case getting stained?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
It's leather, pseudo leather, but still leather.
It's porous. That's just the nature of the material.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Does anyone know of some coating/leather protector to apply to avoid the case getting stained?

Search the forums for a thread called 'Apple Leather Case.' There is no way to prevent staining, but there is a post or two on there about the best way to care for these cases. Be prepared, its a LONG thread.

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
yes, I have read that thread and there are some good tips on cleaning the case. I was looking for preventive steps to avoid it getting stained, a spray - like they have for auto car seats. I found leather conditioner, not sure if that's a good idea for this case and whether it will actually protect from stains/wear or just makes the leather feel soft.

Kryckter

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
yes, I have read that thread and there are some good tips on cleaning the case. I was looking for preventive steps to avoid it getting stained, a spray - like they have for auto car seats. I found leather conditioner, not sure if that's a good idea for this case and whether it will actually protect from stains/wear or just makes the leather feel soft.

I was just thinking that I notice no stains on my case, what are you people talking about? And then I remember I have a black case :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.