Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Finally received my new supplies today.

Got a pretty good deal on everything. eGo SmokTech 350 short batteries with a EVOD tank, need to order more coils though for future use. The batteries are usually $15 a piece, found them for $5 at an online shop in NY that was closing down due to regulations so I ended up buying 3. The tank was only $5 with free shipping on eBay.

All together with the setup ran me about $20 and performs worlds better than prepackaged stuff like blu which is pretty much a ripoff. Juice was on sale for $15 an ounce, usually runs me $22, but I opted for another flavor (chocolate cake) when I mostly stick to fruit flavors. An ounce lasts me about one month. Financially $22 a month and maybe some coils is wayyyy cheaper than buying cigs and considerably more pleasant.

Anyone else here use one? I would never dream of encouraging anyone who doesn't smoke to vape but it's a godsend for me as a former smoker. My lungs are much happier.

yh1ce5U.jpg

zG4WLbw.jpg

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I used to vape the Logic brand ecig. I was never into the whole mad scientist lego vaping with crazy flavors.

BTW .... What's so organic about chocolate cake in a bottle? LOL

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Tastes much better than ash tbh.

All cynicism aside, Organic pretty much means that the plants the vegetable oil is extracted from isn't grown with pesticides and neither is the tobacco which the nicotine is extracted from, the process by which the nicotine is extracted does not involve alcohol as is common. No artificial flavors or dye as well, both of which are usually lab chemicals. Most people don't do 100 percent VG but other chemicals found in liquids are questionable for health. I would rather keep my deadly chemical count to one - that is nicotine. In contrast cigarettes generate over 400 chemicals upon combustion, including nicotine. The problem really isn't with ecigs so much as it is the education of people. If you've ever opened up a blu cig or anything like it you'll see the coil (which gets extremely hot) rests against a synthetic plastic fiber mesh, which is heated over and over, yet people continue to vape on them.

----------

Yuck, don't care for smoking regardless if it is a physical cig or e-cig.

I can respect that you aren't interested but with ecigs and as I said in opening I would never recommend them to someone that didn't already smoke. I just wanted to clarify that with ecigs you aren't really smoking anything. Nothing gets hot enough to actually combust.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Well I've used the Logic platinum menthol refills(5 for $20) for about close to two years. I just wanted something to replace the taste of what I was already smoking, not necessarily looking for flavors. Now I don't vape or smoke. Probably some weed once a month from a bong, but I'm officially done with nicotine and tobacco.

If I do ever give in again, it's great knowing I could just vape instead. As long as vapping exist, I'll never touch a real cigarette again.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
I used to vape the Logic brand ecig. I was never into the whole mad scientist lego vaping with crazy flavors.

BTW .... What's so organic about chocolate cake in a bottle? LOL

Yeah some people really get into it but even where I'm at I've stuck with mainly vanilla style combinations. I don't mess with mods or variable voltage batteries. If you ask me it kind of gives it a bad name because every time you hear some crazy story about a battery blowing it's some idiot modifying a battery or doing something equally foolish.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Yeah some people really get into it but even where I'm at I've stuck with mainly vanilla style combinations. I don't mess with mods or variable voltage batteries. If you ask me it kind of gives it a bad name because every time you hear some crazy story about a battery blowing it's some idiot modifying a battery or doing something equally foolish.

That's exactly the reason I hesitated trying it out at first.

east85

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Well I've used the Logic platinum menthol refills(5 for $20) for about close to two years. I just wanted something to replace the taste of what I was already smoking, not necessarily looking for flavors. Now I don't vape or smoke. Probably some weed once a month from a bong, but I'm officially done with nicotine and tobacco.

If I do ever give in again, it's great knowing I could just vape instead. As long as vapping exist, I'll never touch a real cigarette again.

Thats awesome, congrats on quitting! A bong every now and then is far less harmful for sure. I will probably start stepping down the nicotine from 24mg liquid to something lower in time, but I don't know if I'll ever stop completely. I know a lot of people that managed to use them to quit like you even though it's not an official FDA way to go about it.

I started on something similar when I switched but I'd always end up spending a load on replacements so definitely that's part of the reason I changed over to other setups.

drnebulous

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2014
Salford, UK
All the time. I either go to the Precinct in Pendleton for Socialites and go to Piccadilly for VIP. All the parts are interchangeable. I am a heavy ecig smoker (go through the equivalent of 120 a day). Love it!

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Thats awesome, congrats on quitting! A bong every now and then is far less harmful for sure. I will probably start stepping down the nicotine from 24mg liquid to something lower in time, but I don't know if I'll ever stop completely. I know a lot of people that managed to use them to quit like you even though it's not an official FDA way to go about it.

I started on something similar when I switched but I'd always end up spending a load on replacements so definitely that's part of the reason I changed over to other setups.

Thanks. Even though I never planned on using e-ciggs for about two years, I'm glad I went that route and I always know if I slip up, it won't be from smoking a real cigarette. As long as e-ciggs exist I'll never have the need for a real cigarette again. Even for those who never quit e-ciggs, any possible side effects from it don't even come close to the side effects of real cigarettes.

If for some reason I feel I need an e-cigg again, I'll just get the menthol flavor with 0% nicotine.

drnebulous

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2014
Salford, UK
You can smoke them in tesco, Arndale centres and even on trains. However, you will get the odd idiot. I was on the train to Piccadilly and on my way this idiot started kicking off because of my ecig. He then rammed the pram with his son in into my legs. Nearly broke out into a fight. He was saying that the tiny amount if vapor is bad for his son. I told him that he sounded like a woman. Most people in Manchester smoke ecigs and he thought he could tell everyone what to do. Completely unreal.

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
I'm kind of the reverse on the e-cig situation, in that I never smoked the "real" thing. However, I don't smoke/vape liquid with nicotine in them all the time and when/if I do, it's usually diluted 6mg when I am drinking. I usually mix my e-liquids all the time with menthols and use a 50/50 PG/VG mix and mostly use a mix called "Razzapom" - which you can guess is a mix of raspberry and pomegranate. My equipment is a APV Vamo V5 with a Kanger ProTank 3 or AeroTank or the new AeroTank Mega, I usually use 2.0 ohm coils and vape at 8.5 watts. I just like the taste of the liquid, which is the reason I do it and I don't do it publicly. The only time I do it publicly is when I use the diluted nicotine and I'm out drinking.

drnebulous

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2014
Salford, UK
I'm kind of the reverse on the e-cig situation, in that I never smoked the "real" thing. However, I don't smoke/vape liquid with nicotine in them all the time and when/if I do, it's usually diluted 6mg when I am drinking. I usually mix my e-liquids all the time with menthols and use a 50/50 PG/VG mix and mostly use a mix called "Razzapom" - which you can guess is a mix of raspberry and pomegranate. My equipment is a APV Vamo V5 with a Kanger ProTank 3 or AeroTank or the new AeroTank Mega, I usually use 2.0 ohm coils and vape at 8.5 watts. I just like the taste of the liquid, which is the reason I do it and I don't do it publicly. The only time I do it publicly is when I use the diluted nicotine and I'm out drinking.

There is nothing wrong with doing it in public. If people don't like them that is their funeral. It isn't harmful nor illegal.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
It isn't harmful nor illegal.

Neither is picking your nose. But it's still not pleasant to watch.

I know the effects of nicotine have been heavily debated, but still I can't bring myself to believe it's all that beneficial. Your claim that it "isn't harmful" seems tenuous, at best.

drnebulous

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2014
Salford, UK
Neither is picking your nose. But it's still not pleasant to watch.

I know the effects of nicotine have been heavily debated, but still I can't bring myself to believe it's all that beneficial. Your claim that it "isn't harmful" seems tenuous, at best.

How isn't watching someone use ecigs not 'pleasant'? I mean, it isn't pleasant or unpleasant. It doesn't smell or make you choke. I think that the exhaust from the 1000's of cars in the city centre is more harmful than a few puffs of ecig. People need to get a life and stop moaning - it isn't exactly like blowing crystal meth in their face is it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.