Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
I'm confused at this thread. Isn't the iphone the best all around smart device on the market already? P&S camera included?

If I wanted more performance, I'd buy a real camera. Otherwise, my phones in my pocket.

OP wants an apple camera, which is fine, I want an apple lots of stuff. But it isn't needed, wouldn't sell, cause we have one already.

What you're asking for is niche at best, sorry.

Agreed. Why get an Apple camera if it's going to do the same thing as the iPhone? The step up would be DSLR if you have to carry a separate device.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
Funny how when someone tells the "truth" they're being hostile. I know it hurts to be called out sometimes..... Is that what happened here?

As far as the rest of your rant..... You're saying an iphone is more like a DSLR than an iPod..... Ummmm ok.

There was no truth in your post, just an opinion and a bad attitude.

Since you did not understand the point of my post I will try to put it into simpler terms for you. The point is that Apple is capable of entering new markets regardless of their current involvement. However, Apple is already more involved in the camera market with the iPhone than than they were with phones. They are better positioned in 2014 to make a camera than they were in 2007 to make a phone, because they already have the software foundation in iOS. They already sell the most popular camera in the world, it's not a stretch to think they could expand that into a more full-featured camera.

Getting into a point and shoot market is a whole different ball game than getting Into a dslr market.

True, but nobody said they should make a DSLR. However, neither a point and shoot nor a DSLR would be an impossible feat... though I would certainly expect a point and shoot before Apple would ever make a DSLR.

Last edited:

zipa

macrumors 65816
Feb 19, 2010
Isn't the iphone the best all around smart device on the market already? P&S camera included?

No, not really. It's the best Apple smart device, but unless you have a specific need for an Apple device, one can easily find better alternatives, depending on how one values things.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I like the iPhone's camera. It's kinda more fun to use than my DSLR. Why haven't they come out with an Apple camera with a zoom lens and the same kind of features as the iPhone but better IQ? Builtin memory with automatic upload to icloud
Question, how much will you be willing to pay for this theoretical iCamera and not taking into account the actual camera part, what hardware (CPU, RAM, display, etc) do you expect to see in it?

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
There was no truth in your post, just an opinion and a bad attitude.

Since you did not understand the point of my post I will try to put it into simpler terms for you. The point is that Apple is capable of entering new markets regardless of their current involvement. However, Apple is already more involved in the camera market with the iPhone than than they were with phones. They are better positioned in 2014 to make a camera than they were in 2007 to make a phone, because they already have the software foundation in iOS. They already sell the most popular camera in the world, it's not a stretch to think they could expand that into a more full-featured camera.

True, but nobody said they should make a DSLR. However, neither a point and shoot nor a DSLR would be an impossible feat... though I would certainly expect a point and shoot before Apple would ever make a DSLR.

Of course nothing is impossible as we see in everyday life. Apple could make DSLRs and camera. When the mantra nothing is impossible is used, I 100% agree.

----------

No, not really. It's the best Apple smart device, but unless you have a specific need for an Apple device, one can easily find better alternatives, depending on how one values things.

There are clearly trade offs in smart phone cameras, but a lot of credible reviews rank the 5s camera at the top of the heap overall.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 22, 2014
I'm confused at this thread. Isn't the iphone the best all around smart device on the market already? P&S camera included?

If I wanted more performance, I'd buy a real camera. Otherwise, my phones in my pocket.

OP wants an apple camera, which is fine, I want an apple lots of stuff. But it isn't needed, wouldn't sell, cause we have one already.

What you're asking for is niche at best, sorry.

Hell no. Since when is one focal length get and no image stabilization the best point and shoot?

----------

I don't care if you people want one I just find it amazing how narrow minded you all are.

AlphaHumanus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2012
Hell no. Since when is one focal length get and no image stabilization the best point and shoot?

----------

I don't care if you people want one I just find it amazing how narrow minded you all are.

Hell yes. It isn't needed. As a "pro" photographer, or even an amateur, you ought to know better.

Don't pay his toll, this bridge is free.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.