Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corrystile

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2014
Hello,
i have bought an Iphone 5s SPRINT locked from ebay, good esn good imei, only locked.
I am trying all imei unlocks sites but i can't found a site that offers SPRINT unlocks cheaper.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

chagla

macrumors 6502a
Mar 21, 2008
i'm not sure if you can unlock it for use in the USA. i believe sprint iphones are unlocked for NON_USA gsm carriers. for example if you take it to Canada, you can just use it with Canadian carrier in Canada or another country.

In the USA however, you are stuck with Sprint or its subsidiaries (boost mobile, virgin etc). it will not work with US gsm carriers.

corrystile

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2014
Well, as you are finding out, there may be a problem !

I'm not sure anybody except Sprint can unlock your phone for International GSM use!

That is why re-sale Sprint devices are so cheaply priced.
Uhm. I found some sites but they asks 170 $....

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You have bought yourself an expensive iPod Touch.

Sprint will unlock for international use only.

Here's how to get that done.

1. Establish Sprint service with this iPhone. No ASL (Account Spending Limit) account.
2. Stay on Sprint for 90 days.
3. Pay your bill on time for 90 days.
4. Call and ask for the international unlock.

You're in Italy, so it's unlikely that you're going to come here to do any of this, hence my statement about having an expensive iPod Touch.

As to a third party unlock. The don't exist. It's a fantasy, like a unicorn. They'll take your $170 and you won't ever see it again and nothing will happen.

Your best bet is an R-SIM or a Gevey or some other SIM interposer. Those are not true unlocks but they will trick your phone into thinking it's on the Sprint network when it's not.

I hope you didn't pay a lot for this phone…

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
You wasted your time and your money.
Next time buy a phone that you know you can actually use as a phone.
Not whatever you find cheap and hope that you can unlock it and use it later.
Only option like said above is to try one of those gevey sim adapters but if you ever decide to update the ios version in the future or when ios 8 comes out soon you wont be able to update. If you do you will lose the unlock.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Yes, of course they cost more.
Because nobody wants cdma locked iphones that cannot be used on GSM networks.
That's why those are way cheaper and not in demand.
Makes sense, you get what you pay for.
Unless you want a useless phone that you can only use as an ipod touch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.