Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Got a MBA yesterday to help with school. I'm hoping I can get the extra $150 off I found out about today, but $899 didn't used to get you a 13.3" MBA.

The three things I already know is it's light, it's thin, and the battery lasts a while. Icloud makes setting it up as a new Mac instead of restoring from your also-in-use iMac easier. I don't have the need for most of that software, especially with only 128GB to use. I'm really looking forward to more photos being accessible via icloud. Right now I've just been using it on a class website that requires Flash.

Hope to share more thoughts once I've used it more. As a cord-cutter, I'm hoping it might help me get more access to shows only available on websites via desktop.

MikeVera

macrumors regular
May 5, 2014
Congrats on the pickup! It's an awesome machine.

I'm consistently blown away at how capable the Air is.

Got a MBA yesterday to help with school. I'm hoping I can get the extra $150 off I found out about today, but $899 didn't used to get you a 13.3" MBA.

The three things I already know is it's light, it's thin, and the battery lasts a while. Icloud makes setting it up as a new Mac instead of restoring from your also-in-use iMac easier. I don't have the need for most of that software, especially with only 128GB to use. I'm really looking forward to more photos being accessible via icloud. Right now I've just been using it on a class website that requires Flash.

Hope to share more thoughts once I've used it more. As a cord-cutter, I'm hoping it might help me get more access to shows only available on websites via desktop.

motty2307

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2010
Indiana
Congrats!

I've also recently purchased the 13.3" MBA and I'm loving it. I upgraded to the I7 processor and 8GB of RAM. For a while I couldn't decide between the MBA and the MBP, but considering the cost difference, I'm glad I went with the MBA.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Congrats! I am on my second MBA and it is without a doubt the best notebook I've ever owned. I carry it around with me all the time; the battery life still blows me away on the 2013 model. Enjoy it!

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!
I usually get over the "new car smell" of things quickly, but even 10 months after getting my mid-2013 MBA I still get that same feeling from when it first got here. Just so quick and light and sexy...best purchase I've made in years. Couldn't be happier..

Welcome to the club! :apple:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Congrats to the OP, and I will join will all of the others on this thread who wish you (and your new purchase) well.

Moreover, in common with everyone else who has posted, I, too, have been absolutely bowled over by the 2013 MBA; it is a terrific machine, blazing fast, very powerful, exceptionally portable and with a great battery life.

Meanwhile, enjoy your MBA...

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I feel like I just got a new computer with a thunderbolt dock for my 2011 air.

couldn't imagine 2013 ARM-like battery life, but usually a non issue :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.