Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple updated its investor relations page today to note that it will announce its earnings for the third fiscal quarter (second calendar quarter) of 2014 on Tuesday, July 22. The earnings release typically occurs just after 4:30 PM Eastern Time following the close of regular stock trading, and the conference call is scheduled to follow at 5:00 PM Eastern / 2:00 PM Pacific.

appleearningscalljuly.jpg
MacRumors will provide running coverage of the earnings release and conference call.

The release will provide a look at sales of the iPad Air and the Retina iPad mini during their third quarter of availability, as well as iPhone 5s and 5c sales through the first half of 2014. Apple reported iPhone sales of 37.4 million during the second quarter of 2014, along with 19.5 million iPads and just under four million Macs.

There have been no major hardware releases during the first half of 2014, but Apple is said to have many projects on the horizon, including the iWatch, the iPhone 6, a revamped Apple TV and a 12-inch Retina MacBook Air. It is unlikely the upcoming products will be discussed during the call.

In its fiscal second-quarter earnings call, Apple guided expected revenue of $33.5 to $35.5 billion and gross margin between 36 and 37 percent.

Article Link: Apple to Announce Q3 2014 Earnings on July 22

DualShock

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2008
The release date for the last 2 or 3 OS X releases was announced during an Apple earnings call, and the date announced was the day after the call.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
The release date for the last 2 or 3 OS X releases was announced during an Apple earnings call, and the date announced was the day after the call.

In fact the release of Mavericks was announced at an Apple special event on October 22, 2013. The Q4 2013 earnings conference call came six days later, on October 28.

----------

Sadly, I don't understand that.

For a reason: It isn't true.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
Let's hope that Apple's expected revenue for next quarter is going to be the biggest yet.

If it is way above what is expected then I think it will be safe to say that the iWatch is coming!

I would love to see another pop after this quarters earnings (like last :) )

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
As indicated by the microphone icon, Siri will be reading the entire report aloud.

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
I know this is sorta off topic but ever wonder why Apple hasn't switch their iDevice cables from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0?

It still puzzles me.

Yes, I'm sure a faster connection probably isn't necessary but it would be great.

Come to think of it, Apple must be working on getting rid of cables completely: Wireless Charging, Wireless syncing and backing up. Yeap.

luckydcxx

macrumors 65816
Jun 13, 2013
I know this is sorta off topic but ever wonder why Apple hasn't switch their iDevice cables from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0?

It still puzzles me.

Yes, I'm sure a faster connection probably isn't necessary but it would be great.

Come to think of it, Apple must be working on getting rid of cables completely: Wireless Charging, Wireless syncing and backing up. Yeap.

this is pretty much as off topic as you get lol. i agree though, faster data transfer speeds would be nice when restoring or syncing a full 64GB iPhone or 128 GB iPad.

cn1dlm

Canceled
Oct 17, 2013
alternate headline:

Apple to release os x yosemite on july 23

Don't we all wish? Apple clearly has said OS X Yosemite will be coming in the 'Fall'.

We're probably looking at more like October after either their Q4 FY14 results announcement or a Media Event Keynote presentation. Lion and Mountain Lion were released after quarterly earning calls, but Mavericks was released following a Media Event on October 22, 2013.

Last edited:

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
Let's just have some blow out numbers.

Hopefully Apple delivers the type of "good news" aka financial & product(s) that will make the share price pass $101 the next opening on the stock exchange. :cool:

currocj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2008
Earth
Timmy where's that best pipeline in 25 year stuff?

Nothing to see hear folks, Apple still has the industry best 37% margin on hardware (though shrinking... $78 flagship model at Costco, brand new 5c for $29 at walmart).

I love apple but am thoroughly bored out of my mind with their current product offerings.

iPhone 5
macbook pro retina 15 late '12
ipad mini retina + cell
mac mini mid '12 (i.e. the newest model)

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Took my first ever position in Apple the other day. Hoping to make some money to buy more Apple stuff. Maybe a Mac Pro? Pretty sure the fanboy loop is now complete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.