Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vincisomething

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2014
And I am completely positive that I did not move it to the trash. I even searched the whole Mac. It's just gone. Any answers on how to get it back?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Use the installer you used to install it and reinstall it. It is either on the optical disc you have for the MS Office suite or if you used to download the installer from Microsoft, then use that. If you do not have that anymore, contact Microsoft.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
And I am completely positive that I did not move it to the trash. I even searched the whole Mac. It's just gone. Any answers on how to get it back?
Excel is installed in the Microsoft Office folder within your Applications folder. For it to have disappeared from your would, you or a friend would have moved it to the Trash and then emptied the Trash.

When you said that you "search the whole Mac," it sounds like you did a visual search. Did you search for "Excel" using Spotlight?

Vincisomething

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2014
Excel is installed in the Microsoft Office folder within your Applications folder. For it to have disappeared from your would, you or a friend would have moved it to the Trash and then emptied the Trash.

When you said that you "search the whole Mac," it sounds like you did a visual search. Did you search for "Excel" using Spotlight?

When I said "searched the whole Mac," I meant spotlight. Those two things are almost synonymous to me, sorry. No one except for my mom has used it. It was only about three times in the past and she only used the internet.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
When I said "searched the whole Mac," I meant spotlight. Those two things are almost synonymous to me, sorry. No one except for my mom has used it. It was only about three times in the past and she only used the internet.
Did you use Spotlight, or Finder? Performing a search in Finder gives you much more control and will many times yield search results that don't appear if you use the Spotlight search in the top right corner of the Menu Bar.

Vincisomething

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2014
Did you use Spotlight, or Finder? Performing a search in Finder gives you much more control and will many times yield search results that don't appear if you use the Spotlight search in the top right corner of the Menu Bar.

Still missing Powerpoint, Entourage, and Word are still there, though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.