Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rwings01

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
YELLOW TINT IPHONE 12 PANELS
Hi All,

Yesterday I purchased the COD trilogy from steam & get the following error on MW3 single & multiplayer. I am new too mac, only have it for 1 week. Late 27" 2013 I7 3.5, 8GB, GTX780M. Anyone know how to fix this, thanks in advance. This is the message when I try to launch the game.

Single Player

Couldn't load image '~weapon_bolo_knife_spec-rgb&w~63334b43'

Multiplayer

Couldn't load image '~vehicle_apache_iw5_spc-r18g1~972e15f4'

Last edited:

insane79

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008
Hi All,

Yesterday I purchased the COD trilogy from steam & get the following error on MW3 single & multiplayer. I am new too mac, only have it for 1 week. Late 2013 I7 3.5GB, 8GB, GTX780M. Anyone know how to fix this, thanks in advance. This is the message when I try to launch the game.

Single Player

Couldn't load image '~weapon_bolo_knife_spec-rgb&w~63334b43'

Multiplayer

Couldn't load image '~vehicle_apache_iw5_spc-r18g1~972e15f4'

more detail could be great, which os u running? is it the iMac?

insane79

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008
Sorry, iMac OSX 10.9.4

COD 4 & MW2 are running fine.

Thanks

crap, could be 10.9.4 update causing it? i m just downloading cod mw3 from steam at the moment as i got it during the summer sale, will report here if i can play it once i install the game, i m on a 27" late 2012 iMac so fingers crossed :(

Thanks..

rwings01

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
crap, could be 10.9.4 update causing it? i m just downloading cod mw3 from steam at the moment as i got it during the summer sale, will report here if i can play it once i install the game, i m on a 27" late 2012 iMac so fingers crossed :(

No, I had the issue with OSX 10.9.3 also yesterday when I bought the trilogy

Thanks

insane79

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008
No, I had the issue with OSX 10.9.3 also yesterday when I bought the trilogy

Thanks

email aspyr, they are the makers for the mac version. I m sure they will know whats going on, i'll update here once i install the game.

rwings01

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
email aspyr, they are the makers for the mac version. I m sure they will know whats going on, i'll update here once i install the game.

Already did, can take up to 3 business days for a aspyr to get back to me.

Thanks, I will to if I get it working

P.S. Can I uninstall and re install the game from steam?

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
P.S. Can I uninstall and re install the game from steam?

You can, but first try verifying the files. Right click on the game in your Steam library, select properties, and in one of the tabs (don't remember which off hand) there will be an option to verify the cache/files. Steam will download and replace anything that has been corrupted. Also, use OS X Disk Utility to verify and possibly repair your hard drive. There might be some wonky permission(s) somewhere that are causing the game to crash.

It's always worth going these routes first, rather than having to re-download the entire game from scratch.

rwings01

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
You can, but first try verifying the files. Right click on the game in your Steam library, select properties, and in one of the tabs (don't remember which off hand) there will be an option to verify the cache/files. Steam will download and replace anything that has been corrupted. Also, use OS X Disk Utility to verify and possibly repair your hard drive. There might be some wonky permission(s) somewhere that are causing the game to crash.

It's always worth going these routes first, rather than having to re-download the entire game from scratch.

That worked, I had a few corrupt files. It re downloaded the files that were corrupted using your instructions.

Thank you very much :)

Mods: you can close the thread if you wish.

Thank you

Aspyr-Blair

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2012
Austin Tx
That worked, I had a few corrupt files. It re downloaded the files that were corrupted using your instructions.

Thank you very much :)

Mods: you can close the thread if you wish.

Thank you

Sorry, I just now saw this....glad you got it ironed out! Its actually not uncommon to see this error from Steam, especially during the summer sale.

Enjoy, and thanks for the support!

insane79

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2008
installed the game & seems all fine on my late 2012 iMac, wish aspyr put a benchmark option in their games though :roll eyes:

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
Sorry, I just now saw this....glad you got it ironed out! Its actually not uncommon to see this error from Steam, especially during the summer sale.

Enjoy, and thanks for the support!

Strangely enough, I had no issues with downloads during this particular sale. I'm wondering if Valve upgraded its servers/infrastructure to handle increased demand. During past sales, I would frequently experience slow downloads and even the outright inability to launch the Steam client all together. No such problems this time.

In any case, glad the OP got this sorted without resorting to another complete download of the game. With many AAA titles breaking 10 GB, it's a pain to have to wait, even on a fast Internet connection.

I will happily pay extra for a DVD copy of Wolfenstein: The New Order (50 GB :eek: )despite the fact that I'm on a 50 Mb/s line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.