Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
The main problem with solutions other than Dropbox and iCloud (e.g., Box, Copy.com,Evernote, Google Drive, Microsoft Cloud Drive) is lackluster support from 3rd party iOS apps. To me, it really doesn't matter how much storage these cloud services offer if apps that I prefer to use don't support them.

Having said that, it is very clear that Dropbox's pricing is dramatically higher than its peers. Dropbox's CEO commented last week at Re/code that won't be cutting price nor increase storage capacity, which sounds like a big gamble.

Yes, but that was before icloud Drive. Dropbox is the best somution for the mac currently, but if apple gets this right (unlike iDisk), people will leave Dropbox (myself included). They are going to have lower their price.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
The answer is no you can't backup iPhoto with Dropbox and multiple computers.

You can use a Dropbox folder to hold your iPhoto container (file) but what is the point? No other computer can use it without corrupting it.

The problem isn't Dropbox but the way Apple implements containers.

So technically, you can backup ONE iPhoto container to Dropbox. However, it real world use you can't.

Correct, just wanted to make sure I understood what you were saying that is all. I agree.

RT81

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2013
Will iCloud drive let you move files to the cloud like an actual drive or do you have to sync wil files on physical hard drives like Dropbox and Google drive?

batmik

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2008
When?

I'm out of storage now. I want to purchase more storage at the new pricing anyone know when? Will they give me the new amount later if I purchase now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.